Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
While we are at it, and while we are discussing macro rigs in another thread, has anyone used this Tumax rig from Adorama? XTTFSP Xotopro Tumax TTL Twin Flash Set Dedicated for Pentax Cameras, DMF880 Flash/Macro Controller Guide Number 104 ft., DMT Twin flash Units Guide Number 19.7 ft. I don't see it mentioned in Matt's excellent guide.

The $400+ price of this rig, when purchased with a macro bracket that costs about $60 on Ebay is ridiculous, but the concept of the $250 triple flash is more interesting, because it includes two remote flash units which look like the DSL286, but they have no batteries. Unlike the two AF200FG flashes like Russell uses on a bracket fro macro (and I am considering) these flashes will put much less weight on the end of the macro bracket. The system will be 8 AA batts lighter, and it includes all the cables.

04-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Thanks for the review, I was looking for a cheap P-TTL flash with swivel and tilt. I have a few nice all manual flashes, umbrellas and poverty wizards, but I also wanted a flash that communicates with my new K-X

We'll see how it goes

I got it for 60 USD total, that's a pretty fair price I think

If it doesn't work well I can return it.

Have fun!
Craig