Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Questions about AF360

Hi,
I have AF360 flash but suspect the same applies to 540.

Some time ago, when I started to use the 360 flash I found out that if I pull out the wide-angle panel pictures come out brighter (.5 - 1 ev) than when it's in. I use Lightsphere or just bounce. Why's that? Is this panel some kind of magnifier?

Also, what is the reason for the following: when the wide-angle panel is out the flash switches from A-Zoom to M-Zoom but you can't change the zoom, it's set to 13mm?

Thank you very much,

02-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by sinus007 Quote
Hi,
I have AF360 flash but suspect the same applies to 540.

Some time ago, when I started to use the 360 flash I found out that if I pull out the wide-angle panel pictures come out brighter (.5 - 1 ev) than when it's in. I use Lightsphere or just bounce. Why's that? Is this panel some kind of magnifier?

Also, what is the reason for the following: when the wide-angle panel is out the flash switches from A-Zoom to M-Zoom but you can't change the zoom, it's set to 13mm?

Thank you very much,
The wide angle panel is there to cover lenses between 16mm and 13mm. It spreads the light more than the widest zoom setting that the flash can cover without it. It doesn't make sense for the flash to zoom with the panel out so it locks the zoom head at 16mm and reads 13mm.
As for the exposure, it may be that because the wide angle panel just spreads the light more it creates a more even distribution.