Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #1

Sigma EF-530 Super + K10D Wireless?

I have a K10D and I just upgraded to the Sigma EF-530 DG Super from to ST model because this one is wireless. I got this flash to trigger when the camera fires and the pop up flash is up. But is there a way to get it to fire without having the pop up go off? I don't really like the pop up and just want to external to go off. Do I have to buy something special? I have a cable with my ST but it is very cheap and the wires are popping out of it. Kinda looking for a wireless way.

Thanks!
Stacy

02-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

In wireless flash mode, the on board flash always discharge since the discharge also triggers the external flash. But, if you go in "Custom Settings", you can set the on board flash to work as "control" only, so it doesn't participate to the exposure, or you can set it to "master", where it is use as part of the exposure. When use as "controller", the flash will trigger just before the exposure to relay info to the external flash, but it won't be part of the exposure.
02-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
In wireless flash mode, the on board flash always discharge since the discharge also triggers the external flash. But, if you go in "Custom Settings", you can set the on board flash to work as "control" only, so it doesn't participate to the exposure, or you can set it to "master", where it is use as part of the exposure. When use as "controller", the flash will trigger just before the exposure to relay info to the external flash, but it won't be part of the exposure.

Ok Thanks! I saw that in the menu but didn't really understand its purpose. I'll give it a try!