Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
P-TTL flash news: Xotopro to sell Tumax flashes

Xototpro, who currently make a twin-flash macro unit (with three flashes, actually) for Pentax, will be importing and selling the Tumax flash guns they use in the QMM1 directly.

From Xotopro directly:

QuoteQuote:
The next products will most likely be the DMR Ring Flash, the DMF880 AFZ
separately, the DTP386AFZ and the DSL20AF. But the QMM1 with Tumax twin
flash system has to sell as well.
The Tumax DTP386AFZ is like the Sakar/Digital Concepts 952AF/Pen; the DMF880AFZ is like the Digital Concepts 918AF/Pen we just talked about. And the DSL20AF is a interesting beast a little compact flash with only guide number 18, but a weird little tilt/bounce-reflector (and a focus-assist beam). No idea on the pricing but if they can make the DSL20AF really cheap it's pretty interesting.

Even though the DTP386AFZ is nothing we haven't seen before, I think it is big news because Xotopro is good at answering their e-mail. Sakar/Digital Concepts isn't, and if I bought something from them, I would consider it a one-time no-warranty purchase. Xotopro will offer a one-year warranty. And they were able to provide me with guide number information (which seems relatively trustworthy), so I can finally fill out that portion of my pttl flash guide.

02-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
From Xotopro directly:

And the DSL20AF is a interesting beast a little compact flash with only guide number 18, but a weird little tilt/bounce-reflector (and a focus-assist beam). No idea on the pricing but if they can make the DSL20AF really cheap it's pretty interesting.

[/url].

Ooh, I'll say. You're just making my day, today, Matt.

This is just what my pocket's been wanting. Are they on the market, yet? (I gather, not?)
02-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ooh, I'll say. You're just making my day, today, Matt.

This is just what my pocket's been wanting. Are they on the market, yet? (I gather, not?)
Apparently in Hong Kong. I haven't seen any other US distributor yet, but perhaps there's some Sakar/Digital Concepts version somewhere on Ebay.
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Apparently in Hong Kong. I haven't seen any other US distributor yet, but perhaps there's some Sakar/Digital Concepts version somewhere on Ebay.
Hrm, not yet, apparently, but I'll keep my eyes open. Will you be looking for a copy to review? I think I'll probably take the plunge right away, presuming they don't cost too much. Just what I've been looking for my little splash of fill and focusey beam to carry around.