Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma EF-530 DG ST Flash not for Tokina or Tamron users?

Couldnt find the manual so took a gamble since the Super version worked fine.

more here.

here is the manual,

basically what happens is that if it aint a Pentax or Sigma AF lens, the zoom head wont move and capped at 24mm. No very good if most of the lens are Tamron.

Hope my experience helps someone else.

02-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You will have the same problem with old Pentax lenses that don't communicate with the body. If you put a lens on your camera and the rear display asks for focal lenght to set SR, the flash won't work in auto mode or auto zoom. You can always set the focal lenght of the flash manually. Just a tought.
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just tested the flash with my Quantaray 70-200mm which is built by Tamron and it worked correctly. It was able to move the head to the 105 distance.

One thing I have noticed is you have to get the flash head to move initially by focusing and then change the focal length. If I don't do that the flash head will be in the wrong position and the first pictures will be underexposed.

I have gotten good results with the flash on all of my lenses and my K10D.