Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Promaster 7500EDF

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Where did you get your Promaster? I am very interested in getting a P-TTL flash with bounce AND swivel, and just don't wanna put out the cash for the 540, or the Metz 58 ( or is it 54? ) I have a Promaster 5550DX, and bought the P-TTL module for it, but either it is really bad, or it was defective, EVERY photo was massively over exposed with it. ( as in almost completely white ) So I just use it in auto mode and take a few test shots to get exposure correct.
IIRC Wolfe's online. I can get the invoice later today

Promaster 7500EDF Digital Electronic Flash for Pentax #7273 : Wolfe's Camera Shop

02-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
How many shots can you get with non-rechargables? I never thought the flash batteries caused issue...I though it was always the triggers' fault?
I haven't counted how many shots, but it's significantly longer and less erratic than the rechargeables I used, even after leaving the flash on by mistake for half an hour. Mind you, I'm not sure the rechargeables were a reputable brand, so they could have been cr*p to start with.

I can't explain why changing the flash batteries makes the difference. I'm guessing it's something to do with the flash having enough power to read the voltage from the trigger. I'm not big on physics, but perhaps the trigger's output range is very narrow, which is why they have a reputation for "failing". [In other words, the trigger might be firing, but its output is not powerful enough for a flash to pick up unless the batteries are at peak power - just a theory!]

Last edited by marcdsgn; 02-22-2009 at 08:39 PM.
02-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IIRC Wolfe's online. I can get the invoice later today

Promaster 7500EDF Digital Electronic Flash for Pentax #7273 : Wolfe's Camera Shop
Thanks Paul !! Might have to look into that one..

Looks like Creve Coeur has it too... http://www.cccamera.com/products.html#DHE:Specsheet:Id:345448:Section:Specs

Last edited by Stratman; 02-22-2009 at 04:13 PM.