Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Thanks for that piece of the puzzle.

Whats left for me to understand is how changing the camera comp of the metz affects the comp of the built-in flash. Can I program them individually or does a -0.7EV have to apply to both?
The flash compensation you set on the camera is applied both to external slave and built-in flash (in case you use it as a flash and not just as a controller). If you want different flash power for the flashes then maybe CC (contrast control) mode is your friend.

06-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #17

I just did one test and I found out the result is interesting. Perhaps it is described in the manual but I just miss it.

When the flash is in M mode, I press the "Select" and activate the SL mode. It seems that the Metz48 will fire full power. The object I was taking in the test shoot was just white off.

When the flash is in PPT mode, I press the "Select" and activate the SL mode. The Metz48 will fire the flash required. The exposure was correct.

However, if I set the power to 1/8 or 1/32 in M mode first then activate the SL mode, the flash will still fire full power.
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd like to figure out how to get my flash (Metz 58 AF1) to work off the camera, It's suppose to work in a wireless mode, unless I misunderstand what that means.
Can someone explain this to me step by step. I'm brain damaged so make it simple. I don't understand the manual.
Thanks Guys
06-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by matchz Quote
I just did one test and I found out the result is interesting. Perhaps it is described in the manual but I just miss it.

When the flash is in M mode, I press the "Select" and activate the SL mode. It seems that the Metz48 will fire full power. The object I was taking in the test shoot was just white off.

When the flash is in PPT mode, I press the "Select" and activate the SL mode. The Metz48 will fire the flash required. The exposure was correct.

However, if I set the power to 1/8 or 1/32 in M mode first then activate the SL mode, the flash will still fire full power.
Note that while in SL mode, by cycling through the settings using - & +, you do not see a manual setting but an Ev flashing.
In Slave mode, you cannot use manual power. This is what we were trying to describe above.
You can only use compensation in terms of Ev