Photos: Gallery
great photo!
got more??
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!

Here are a few more (I have them posted as "private" on my flickr for now, so I'll have to be annoying and give you individual links for each pic instead of one link to a folder )

Mom and baby 1

Mom and baby 2

Family 1

Family 2

Family 3

Feet 1

Feet 2

Feet 3

Another basket

Birth Announcement

Uuggh - That last pic - wish the background would have been different. We were in the parents' bedroom by a window and their wall is brown and closet door chartruese....made for a weird backround. Wish I would have had the parents hols something up behind him.

Also, I failed to warn the parents about my idea for the feet shot, so their feet were dirty. LOL

I'm probably going to do another session with the family because there were quite a few shots where the parents were squinting and the dad found his previously lost wedding band and they want to do a wedding-rings-on-the-toes newborn shot.

I learned a lot from the shoot (my 2nd ever shoot, btw).

I tend to stand too close to my subjects, limiting my cropping options.

I overexposed some of my favorite shots and it was too hard to fix the blown whites.

I shot in manual mode while also focusing manually the whole time. I may try to do more Av mode and AF next time to see how I feel more comfortable and if it yields better results.

I need to be more assertive when telling my subjects how to pose.

I am soooooooo open to any other constructive criticism anyone else has as well
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #19

Kewpie-o, you might process the heck out of your pics but that image of the baby in a basket of feathers is a gorgeous photo, great work!!!

06-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #20
Inactive Account

you did fantastic!!
what a beautiful little guy
Im sure the parents will treasure those shots for a lifetime =)
06-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #21

A simple response

Not sure if you check this or not, those are great pictures! Can't imagine what you are doing two years later!

Nice!