Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Off Camera Flash

Hi everyone,

I know this isn't the place for this question but I need to get an answer as soon as possible.

I've been trying my hand at off camera flash and have run into a small snag and hoping you can advise.

I have the K20d and was shooting with both an off brand flashgun and the pentax 360. I have a set of the wireless flash triggers from Japan (the cheap ones).

I connected the flash triggers to the hot shoe and the flashguns and tried to fire both the 360 and the off brand flash guns but they wouldn't fire. I then tested the flashs with the test trigger on the trigger units and it went off fine. Now I was in a sunny situation but I wanted to clear up the shadows.

I should also mention that when I got home I connected the wireless trigger to the hotshoe and the 360 flash gun and it fired fine but my house is not that well lit.

Is there a force flash type setting on the K20d that will force the wireless trigger to fire? I also tried connecting the flashguns directly to the K20d and they fired fine. Please advise.

Thanks

06-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you checked/replaced the batteries in the receivers and transmitter? If your camera was set on "X" on the mode dial, it would "force fire" the flash. Beside that, not having more info, I can't give you more tips.
06-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
TDN
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
sounds like you were trying to shoot faster than 1/180, which won't work on pentax cameras.
Can't tell you how many times I've made the same mistake...