Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Outdoor flash - Hotshoe flash

I have a Summerball event shoot to do on the 9th July. I have a couple of mono block but may want to shoot outside. So I have been looking into purchasing a hotshoe mounted flash soft box. Interfit XS or Lastolite Ezbox.

Interfit: Strobies by Interfit

Lastolite: Lastolite, Manufacturer of Softboxes and a Wide Range of Studio Equipment.

What are your thoughts and opinions regarding these two systems ladies and gents? Are there any other options by brand or method? Will P-TTL still work with the slash straightened out while fitted in the Interfit system?

Using a K10D and AF540FGZ.

06-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Thread moved to Camera and Studio Accessories.
06-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've been tempted to buy a softbox designed for shoemount flashes, but they just seem so expensive for what you get.

So I made my own using a gutter adaptor, cardboard, white craft foam, black craft foam, spray adhesive, electrical tape, and double matte polyester drafting film. Probably cost around $5-$10.

I get a nice, even light spread from a surface area of around 25cmx26cm. I think it works great, but I would like to compare it some day to a Lastolite or similar product.

I don't use p-ttl flash, so I can't help you with that.

Last edited by MPrince; 06-29-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: dumb@ss American used wrong metric designation
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
I get a nice, even light spread from a surface area of around 25mmx26mm. I think it works great, but I would like to compare it some day to a Lastolite or similar product.
Should that be centimeters?

06-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
Should that be centimeters?
Why, yes.

Yes it should!

Thanks for noticing that, I'll edit the post.