Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ShowMeTheMoney Quote
Just an update, finally found a store carrying the C1 cable, and I got it to work with no problems. (as a shutter trigger only, didn't test it with flash work)

I was thinking of the Cleon II, since it seems to be one of the more popular models in the stores around here. Though most Phottix gear can be bought at brick and mortar stores here in Manila, so I guess I could have had my pick. Though I won't be strobing, I actually just needed the remote shutter trigger for a little project I was experimenting on.

The little reading I put into this has actually got me interested in off-camera flash work, so it's something I'll be looking into. Though I might just spring for one of the manual YN flashes, since I can get some of the models here for about PhP 2000 (~ USD $50) and see how that works for me.

If I find I get into it, I'll definitely take a look at the V5 Cactus though. Cheers and thanks!
I see the prices there are no different from buying one online. although it's a luxury if you can buy one in stores for the same amount.

07-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've added this to the Flash-Accessories Reviews section - if any other owners want to contribute a review it might help some other users out.

Cheers
Adrian

Yongnuo 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control RF-602 reviews - Photographic/Pentax Accessory Database - Flash, Grip, Camera Bag Reviews
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by justtakingpics Quote
I don't mean to hijack your thread but as a newbie I had a question. When would the situation be so critical as to have 1/180 instead of 1/125. To me the look pretty close so I didn't understand.
If the aperture is small enough or the ISO low enough that the flash is virtually the only light comprising the exposure, the short duration of the flash will freeze the action very nicely at just about any shutter speed. However, a faster shutter speed can help make sure that the subject is illuminated only with flash as well as helping to stop action when a moving subject is partially lit by ambient light. Personally, I don't find the half stop difference between 1/125 and 1/180 all that critical. I agree that 1/250 would be nice, though.
07-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by justtakingpics Quote
When would the situation be so critical as to have 1/180 instead of 1/125.
GeneV already provided some reasons. Another common one occurs when using flash in daylight, e.g., as a fill flash. Often the daylight is so bright that you need a faster shutter speed than 1/125. That's the reason why some people are craving for 1/250 rather than being happy with 1/180.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Personally, I don't find the half stop difference between 1/125 and 1/180 all that critical. I agree that 1/250 would be nice, though.
The difference between 1/250 and 1/180 is smaller (0.47 stops) than the difference between 1/180 and 1/125 (0.53 stops). But I guess we all agree that 1/250 would be nice.

Allowing 1/250 requires a faster and probably more expensive shutter. It may also not be as quiet as the one that Pentax is using.

01-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #200
Aperture 1.0

QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
Hey All. Just wanted to shared a slightly different way I used to 'fix' the 1/180 problem on the RF-602's.

I cracked open my one...
Hi Adr1an,

thanks for your rf-602-Pentax-flash-problem-fix.

One more question: How did you 'crack' the 602 without literally cracking it?

Thanks for info.

I'm glad to have found this forum. Just purchased a new k-5 (having used a N D70 for years).
I'm really happy with the camera but from my daily experience there is a considerable smaller range of products than for the Nikon and Canon cameras...
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #201

Photos: Gallery
Package just arrived from hongkong and i found small update on the nikon model

modification is still required to make it work properly in pentax system
(which is documented earlier on the thread)
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #202
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HI Adr1an

I just wanted to say THANK YOU (a BIG one) for the capacitor mod. I have added the small caps to two RF602 triggers so far, which did hardly work at all with my K10 and K20 when sitting in the hot shoe. They only worked reliably when connected via a short pc cord to the according camera terminal. Now, with your mod added, the triggers work beautifully up to 1/180s on all of my camera bodies. Great.

Ben

01-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #203

QuoteOriginally posted by Aperture 1.0 Quote
Hi Adr1an,

thanks for your rf-602-Pentax-flash-problem-fix.

One more question: How did you 'crack' the 602 without literally cracking it?

Thanks for info.

I'm glad to have found this forum. Just purchased a new k-5 (having used a N D70 for years).
I'm really happy with the camera but from my daily experience there is a considerable smaller range of products than for the Nikon and Canon cameras...
I would also like to know how to open the case on the transmitter . I have one on the way.
02-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #204

QuoteOriginally posted by joekelli Quote
I would also like to know how to open the case on the transmitter . I have one on the way.
Nevermind. I got my unit and all I had to do was take the screw out and then seperate the case with a knife. It came apart very easily. Now doing the soldering was a little nerve racking but we got it and it works like a charm!!!!!