Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Camera Exposure Compensation with Flash With camera in Manual Mode

So I just learned something today that I am hoping that someone can help expand my understanding. When reading the Hot Shoe Diaries, Joe McNally states that you need to remember your regular exposure compensation (not flash compensation) effects the flash output when you are in manual mode (and shooting in P-TTL). I tried it and realized that it did. Don't have a question that it does. Wow. Much easier than going to your flash comp control. BUT...

It doesn't seem to effect it as much as the exposure comp would normally or as much as flash comp does. Feels like about 1/2 the impact on the photo.

Does anyone have much experience with this? Perhaps I haven't tested this enough to determine impact but any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, comp, compensation, exposure, flash, flash with camera, impact, lighting, mode, photo studio, strobist