Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #1

Why no firmware update from Metz for Pentax?

Hi every one, I am think about get the Metz 48 or 58 flash. The usb firmware update function will be very nice if there is any update from Metz. But after I searched Metz website and looked at the update history, I found no firmware update for Pentax at all. Comparing with 3 or 4 updates for Canon & Nikon's, even a couple of updates for Panasonic and Sony, I am so curious now whether Metz is treating Pentax seriously. I feel I need more confidence before spend $400 on the expensive flashgun that possibly not get any firmware update.

Last edited by quaker; 11-09-2009 at 12:43 AM.
11-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
emr

Are firmware updates a goal in themselves or are they made to fix functionality issues? Are there significant issues to be fixed?
11-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
Well, some of the updates for other brands are feature updates, like supporting new camera body and remote mode update and menu change. I don't know if Pentax version need any of those updates.

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Are firmware updates a goal in themselves or are they made to fix functionality issues? Are there significant issues to be fixed?
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax hasn't made any major changes to their flash control since the istD. Firmware updates don't get written for no reason, they get written when something needs to be written.

11-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Pentax hasn't made any major changes to their flash control since the istD. Firmware updates don't get written for no reason, they get written when something needs to be written.
You mean like fixing the issue the Metz 58 AF-1 has with Wireless HSS?

Thank you
Russell