Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #1

Flash and battery question

What brand of rechargeable batteries do you use in your K-x and flash?

Thank you.

12-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use Sony rechargables - both in my K100d when I had it, and my AF360fgz. The Sanyo's get good recommendations consistently, but I have no experience with them.
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use the same batteries I use in my camera. $10 sets from the local drug store.
12-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I don't have the K-X, but all my batteries for flash are Eneloops. The reason for this is that they were on sale at Costco in a kit, 8 AA, 4 AAA, and a charger a while back. I then bought another set when they went on sell again at Costco. This time the set was 8 AA, 2 AAA and a charger. I think the batteries do really well, and I have no complaints about them.

Thank you
Russell

12-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use a random LSD/precharged bats in and flash - since I don't use it all the time, its more likely it will still be charged when I do!

Now I usually use eneloop - they typically hold higher voltage under load leading to quicker recycling times than other NiMH (LSD's in general are better than standard NiMH for this).

I used to use those eneloops (only have 1 set) with my K-x, but with the new firmware it doesn't really matter, I use random NiMH (LSD and non LSD) and they all work great.
12-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Forum Member

I own not a K-x, but a K100D Super.
I have been happily using Sanyo Eneloop for both body and flash.
Also recommend a good battery charger like La Crosse Technology's
BC-900 for optimized recharge.
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I give a hearty second to the La Crosse BC-9009 (formerly the BC-900) recharger, and it can charge any brand of rechargeable NiMH and NiCad AA and AAAs one, two, three at a time or all at once and all at different rates. It also has a mode to restore the capacity of older batteries. I used to have an Energizer 15-minute charger, and after it burned out plus greatly reduced the capacity of some of my AAs, the La Crosse has been a God-send PLUS it was little more than half the price. (The faster the charger, the hotter the batteries, and therefore the lower the battery capacity over time. The Energizer 15-minute charger gets 'em pretty hot!!)

However, I have the K20D so I don't need rechargeable AAs for that, but in my flash I use Energizer AA lithiums. Sure, they eventually die, but only after hundreds of shots; they simply outlast any other type of battery (alkaline, NiMH) and they're very lightweight. Plus, they recharge your flash insanely fast!