Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
flash mounts

Hi all. Can someone out there tell me what I'd need to mount my AF-540fgz to a smith victor umbrella stand? Not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch. ~Donna

01-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Donna.
Not sure what male connection you have on the umbrella stand, but at the end there should be a screw on which a hotshoe mount attaches onto the umbrella's head bracket.

The flash fits on the top mount as such:

Is this what you're talking about?
01-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply! I found this one and think it may be what I need. I wasn't sure what they were called! I think this one will work on my stand. I have the hot shoe adapter that I would attach to the flash. Name:  SV00000112.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  6.4 KB
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a similar setup to what I have also.
Be weary that when the flash is mounted it is not going to point straight into the middle of the umbrella and thus will have some light spillage.

01-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
do you mean it won't point into the center with the mount that I found? Where did you purchase yours? Does your's point to the center of the umbrella? thanks again.
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Bought mine from FlashZebra, they shipped it within less than a 24 hour period. FlashZebra.com: Umbrella Adapter (also called a Swivel Bracket) (Item #0041) Would definitely recommend this since it's the one I have. I mount my Metz 48 AF-1 w/ Cactus V4 receiver and my umbrella on it.

It doesn't point directly at the center, it's just a bit too high but it doesn't bother me. I don't think it has to point directly at the center, it just needs to point close to the center. As long as it's not too off, then you're all good.