Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Flash YN460 Speedlight 460 f

Hi Team,

I have trawlled the internet looking for information on this speedlight in regards to Pentax DSLR's. I'm a new photographer & have never used an external flash before. I recently bought a Pentax Kx DSLR & was wondering if the Flash YN460 Speedlight 460 f is compatible with this camera?

I can't seem to find any relevant information on this flash on the net. If you could shed any light as to whether it is a good flash for a begginner that would be most helpful.

Thanks.

01-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #2

The YN460 Speedlight is workable on all Pentax DSLR. Do note that it is a fully manual flash which is perfect for a strobist. I have the YN460 Mark II version which was recently released. It is stated to have better quality control as well as finer-tuning flash output. Only have it for a week, so can't comment on any quirks yet.

If you want a TTL, P-TTL flash, (a.k.a auto) look elsewhere.
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #3

Same opinions as Baracus. Fully manual and serves ok as an off-camera flash. I have one and I feel that it has great quality for its price! Some earlier models have been said to have bad quality control as Baracus said.

So If you want a decent off-camera flash go for it, if you want on-camera main flash look elsewhere.

-J