Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Af540fgz shoe mount

Hello all,

I recently bought a light stand, umbrella and universal umbrella mount. My problem is that my af540fgz flash wont mount onto the shoe mount provided. Is there a special bracketing arm im supposed to use. It seems that there are two small metal contacts on the side of the flash shoe that are stopping it from fitting properly. Here is the link to the bracketing arm I bought..

OPUS UMBRELLA MOUNT (HOLDER) OPL-SW0316

any ideas

01-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You've got a universal mount that should have no troubles allowing the flash hotshoe to slide in.
I have a similar setup but with a different flash mount connection, and it's easy to mount and dismount. The metal contacts on the sides of the hotshoe shouldn't get in the way AFAIK.
01-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Perhaps its just a factory flaw in the bracket mount. Im going to take my flash to the store when I go to return this one. Hopefully, It wont be an issue.
01-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you got it from the store, I'm sure they'll help you find a mount that'll fit better for you.

01-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
If you got it from the store, I'm sure they'll help you find a mount that'll fit better for you.
The contacts are spring loaded. Use your thumbnail to depress them slightly when sliding in to the mount.
01-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yeah Mdave I tried that however the shoe got stuck in the mount and it was a bit difficult getting it out with out damaging my flash. I got it but it deffinetly doesnt fit. I know they have ajustable mounts on some of them to make them fit a variety of flashes so hopefully I can find one of those and hopefully its not a all metal mount as some say could fry your flash unit if your not careful.
01-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Heres a little update just incase anyone has the same problem. I went back to the Photography store and the guy gave me a plastic Flash shoe adapter to mount ontop of the metal shoe mount that didnt fit the flash. It was about $15 and now my flash fits and works perfectly.