Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I have been taking/practicing flash pics for two days now, none of which are satisfactory to me yet.
I guess I need much, much more practice but it's OK. That is the only way to learn.

You might want to check out Steve Jacob's flash usage guide. It helps explain the ways P-TTL works in the different modes of the camera. Flash Modes for Pentax Photo Gallery by Steve Jacob

Thank you
Russell

01-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
You might want to check out Steve Jacob's flash usage guide. It helps explain the ways P-TTL works in the different modes of the camera. Flash Modes for Pentax Photo Gallery by Steve Jacob

Thank you
Russell
Russell, thanks for the link. Lots of useful information there. I did notice in this slide, Steve Jacob got the Guide Number of the AF540 mixed up. He indicated that it is 54 feet @ISO100. It should be 54 meter @ISO100 (or 178 feet @ISO100)

http://www.pbase.com/steve_jacob/image/109040147
http://www.pentaximaging.com/accessories/AF540FGZ/
01-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote

Thank you
Russell
Many thanks again, Russell.
I printed the slides and will use them as a guide, which is really detailed and well laid out.
I think this will help me sort out the many intricacies of this flash thing.
Now, I need to practice and go buy more batteries until I receive my charger/chargeable batteries.

Cheers.
JP
09-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It has been quite a while and, after many months of trying, I am still struggling a lot with this flash use with the K7.

I tried a few portraits and it has been a disaster.
I tried to "fill in" flash ... no success for me.

Is there anywhere I can find a chart detailing how to set:
1. the camera
2. the flash itself

for:

portrait shots, inside and outside, whether with fill-in technique or something else?

Any help is always appreciated.

JP

Edited: never mind, I decided to just forget it at this time.

Last edited by jpzk; 09-22-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added info
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #35
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
It has been quite a while and, after many months of trying, I am still struggling a lot with this flash use with the K7.

I tried a few portraits and it has been a disaster.
I tried to "fill in" flash ... no success for me.

Is there anywhere I can find a chart detailing how to set:
1. the camera
2. the flash itself

for:

portrait shots, inside and outside, whether with fill-in technique or something else?

Any help is always appreciated.

JP

Edited: never mind, I decided to just forget it at this time.
please dont give up you can do it!!! I have just begun getting into OFF CAMERA flash. The key is off camera. The worst place your flash can be is on your hot shoe. Using your flash at 45 degrees to left or right adds depth and dimension to the face. Please try and start at the begining of the strobist 101 guide. Off camera flash is easier than it looks! Any questions please let me know. My email is alhpro@live.com thanks Andrew