Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cheap Cheap flash for $36

Flickr: Discussing Strobist friendly flash on the cheap - Less than $36 in Strobist.com

Well It guess they are still good for just manual flashes

"OK Well here is the new "deal".. These flashes are $35.78

The Quantaray QDC-900WA Digital Zoom Flash.. They have both Canon and Nikon versions of this flash.

The Canon version is e-TTL compatible and the Nikon is i-TTL compatible. This means that you can use them on-camera with full TTL control. The DSZ PZ-1 we were buying were only compatible with older versions on TTL not supported on newer DSLR's.

Also the 900WA also has a metal hotshoe foot so it is more durable, and they have reduced the height of the casing over the hotshoe so the flash is not as tall.

Other than that it is pretty much the same flash as the DSZ PZ-1, it has all the same features but with newer TTL.

Works with these triggers:
PT-04 CN III (tested with Canon version only)
RF-602 (tested woring on both canon and nikon versions)
PT-04TM (works by sliding it back on the hotshoe some. See below)

Confirmed not working with the following wireless triggers:
PT-04
CTR-301P"

02-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does it not fire at all with the CTR-301P?
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I guess it just doesn't flash.