Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Thanks Nass, for the heads-up but it seems the seller does not want to ship beyond the continental Europe, if you go by his shipping calculator. Looks like you have a fine ring flash withmaximum lens flexibility.

Regards,

03-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Alohadave, you also own the 12R - can you tell me what the ring opening size is for the 12R?

Thanks,
The inside diameter is about 69-70mm.

The smaller of the adapter rings has a thread size of 58mm, and the larger is 72mm.
03-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info AlohaDave. I think I will try to curb my impulse and wait for a ring flash large enough to accommodate the 645 Pentax macro lens.

Thanks,
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i purchased the $44 chinese ring reflector thing awhile back and had a thread here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/74768-o-flash-r...one-tried.html

all in all a good investment of under 50 bucks. it eats up a bit of light but the AF540 is plenty powerful to accommodate for the light loss, IMO. next time, i'd drop down two sizes; this one fits my K10D/AF540 perfectly but i'd rather try a smaller fitting one that just clears the bottom of the lens.

03-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
i purchased the $44 chinese ring reflector thing awhile back and had a thread here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/74768-o-flash-r...one-tried.html

all in all a good investment of under 50 bucks. it eats up a bit of light but the AF540 is plenty powerful to accommodate for the light loss, IMO. next time, i'd drop down two sizes; this one fits my K10D/AF540 perfectly but i'd rather try a smaller fitting one that just clears the bottom of the lens.
Agree, it's cheap and it works nice - I have one and use it with 360FGZ. However, it's bulky and not very convenient if you have to rotate the camera. Also, I always have to give support because I afraid that it may damage the flash if weight is not balanced (360FGZ hot shoe is not very strong, IMO).
04-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Agree, it's cheap and it works nice - I have one and use it with 360FGZ. However, it's bulky and not very convenient if you have to rotate the camera. Also, I always have to give support because I afraid that it may damage the flash if weight is not balanced (360FGZ hot shoe is not very strong, IMO).
agree w Yusuf on all points. i stuff a sock between lens body and the device to keep it from moving when rotating the camera. I would be very hesitant to be seen in public with this monstrosity attached to my camera so it remains a backyard shooting tool for now.