Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
ANY FLASH USEABLE WITH k7

Is any flash safe to use with my k7 if i do not use hot shoe on camera and use the x sync socket? I am just worried about high trip voltage or is that only a proublem when using the hot shoe? I do not need any kind of metering just need the light

03-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Either of the current Pentax flashes will work fine with your K7.

If you are looking at an older flash, you can refer to this list: Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages

It's not all-inclusive, but it has many different models.
03-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grouse Quote
Is any flash safe to use with my k7 if i do not use hot shoe on camera and use the x sync socket? I am just worried about high trip voltage or is that only a proublem when using the hot shoe? I do not need any kind of metering just need the light
I'm fairly certain the sync socket is voltage-limited just like the hotshoe.

The limit is something like 20-30V instead of the 6 for Canon flashes, but "old" strobes will still potentially cause damage without something similar to the Wein Safe-Sync.