Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #1

Which Metz for K10D/K100D?

Well, I tried an archive search for this but can't seem to find the answer. Bogen must have cut staff again since I can't get through to them and I can't find their interactive configurator.

With the correct adapter, does the Metz 54 MZ-3 work (correctly!) with the newest Pentax dSLRs?

TIA!/Scott

07-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote
Well, I tried an archive search for this but can't seem to find the answer. Bogen must have cut staff again since I can't get through to them and I can't find their interactive configurator.

With the correct adapter, does the Metz 54 MZ-3 work (correctly!) with the newest Pentax dSLRs?

TIA!/Scott
Metz has a brand new flash coming out that will be P-TTL compatible. I'd wait for it.

It's the 58 AF-1 digital, and it was announced that there'll be a Pentax/Samsung mount.
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K10D in wireless mode activates he following flashes:
Wireless mode K10D

Channel 1 Pentax and Sigma Flashes

Channel 2 Metz MZ70, 74 and 75 Flashes

Channel 3 Bowens Late Model Sudio Flashes.
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote

TIA!/Scott
QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
Metz has a brand new flash coming out that will be P-TTL compatible. I'd wait for it.

It's the 58 AF-1 digital, and it was announced that there'll be a Pentax/Samsung mount.
The 54 MZ-3 will not work in P-TTL even with the new SCA 3702 M2 adaptor, only the MZ-4 or 4i will support P-TTL. Even then, it has limited functionality, it won't feature HSS or wireless capability using the pop-up flash as a master controller (K10D only).

The new 58 AF-1 digital will fully support all P-TTL modes, that's the one to go for if you want to use a Metz gun.