Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Another question about flash triggers

I've been reading some good stuff about the Alzo triggers. Has anyone here tried them. I'm about to do away with my old cactus triggers. Thanks!

Rodney...

04-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I don't know about Alzo triggers, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the CyberSyncs from Paul Buff. They just work, and are made in the USA. Good luck with whatever you choose!
04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yup, the CyberSyncs are my first choice. Try as I might though, I've not been able to find much in the way of negative comments about the Alzo triggers. A lot less range, (80 ft.) but quite a bit cheaper. This might come down to a flip of a coin.
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #4

I don't know much about the Alzo triggers, but a set of Cactus V4s is also a good solution. They don't suffer from the misfire problems that ye olde V2 and clones like the PT04 and CRT30 did...

04-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you're more into OCF now, also look at the Radiopopper JrX Studios (remote control of power level of manual flashes)...
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, I did it. After a couple weeks of mulling it over I bought a set of Alzo triggers off craigslist. I had all but pushed the pay now button on the CyberSyncs when I found the Alzos on CL for $50.00 bucks.
I haven't done any real testing other than a few shots to make sure that they worked, but I will give them a good workout this weekend at the Eco-Adventure in Athens, GA.. (Once a year the sponsers let me pretend that I'm a real photographer.) I'll do a mini review later.

Rodney...
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldphoto678 Quote
Well, I did it. After a couple weeks of mulling it over I bought a set of Alzo triggers off craigslist. I had all but pushed the pay now button on the CyberSyncs when I found the Alzos on CL for $50.00 bucks.
I haven't done any real testing other than a few shots to make sure that they worked, but I will give them a good workout this weekend at the Eco-Adventure in Athens, GA.. (Once a year the sponsers let me pretend that I'm a real photographer.) I'll do a mini review later.

Rodney...
Many of the flash triggers I've seen say that the maximum sync speed is 1/125sec.

I'll be curious if you are able to fire your flash at your camera's sync speed. Which, of course on Pentax, is 1/180sec.

I've spoken with ALZO and they say hat it shouldn't matter.

04-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed n Georgia Quote
Many of the flash triggers I've seen say that the maximum sync speed is 1/125sec.

I'll be curious if you are able to fire your flash at your camera's sync speed. Which, of course on Pentax, is 1/180sec.

I've spoken with ALZO and they say hat it shouldn't matter.
Hey Ed, Sync speed was one of my concerns, but honestly I sent so many years shooting with film cameras with 1/60 sec sync speed if all I can get is 1/125sec I'll live with it. I'll let you know what I find out though.

You anywhere close to Winder? Just curious.

Rodney...