Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
M mode and Flash Triggers

Hey folks, I just unpacked my cactus V4 triggers, and I'm playing with my 360 in manual, an old manual flash from my P3, and my KM now I am having some interesting results using the system thus far.

It appears in Camera M mode that the camera is metering the correct exposure after the flashes go off and changes my aperture and shutter speeds.... isn't that sorta against the point of using a camera in M mode???

Its like taking the guess work out of chimping shots! fire one off let the camera figure out the proper exposure and fire again and presto bingo flash photography!

The problem lies in when the camera is changing the shutter speed to higher than 180, then no flash.

Anyone ever heard of this occuring?

04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't have the K-m, but I'm surprised that in M mode the camera changes the aperture/shutter settings.

On my K10D and K-7, in M mode, the exposure settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO) stay at whatever values I set, unless when I push the green button (which I don't when using flash), then the settings change to ensure proper exposure (without flash of course; the body doesn't know about the flash).
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #3

ocf

i have the kx and i find that it doesn't do what you are talking about... i know if i hit the av+- button while shooting my camera (in manual Mode) will change aperture and shutter to be a proper exposure... that may be happening.
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mystery solved, I had left it in Auto Bracket mode... Now back to your regularly scheduled program....