Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Metz 45CT/CL-4 flashes and SCA cables/modules - Help please

I'm trying to make my Metz flashguns to work with SCA cables/modules.

Equipment:

- 45CT-4 flash
- 45CL-4 flash
- SCA 3000C M1 cable + SCA 3701 M3 module
- SCA 300A cable + SCA 374/2AF module
- K10D body
- SuperProgram body
- SF-10 body

I've tried all combinations of all pieces of equipment above and still can't make the flash to fire with the camera body.

At this point, I don't care about flash "dedication."

I don't know if the pilot light on the module (arrow in photo below) should be on. It is not. This is the case with either cable/module combination.

The flash units themselves are working OK. The test button fires the flash. When I connect the flashes to the camera with a simple PC sync cable, or a simple hotshoe sync cable, they work perfectly.

And yes, I use 4 brand new AAA batteries for the module, and 6 AA batteries for the flash are fully charged.

What am I missing? Please help. Thanks.

04-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Without knowing exactly which module is which, you need to make sure that the SCA module you are using is actually the module designed for Pentax.
If this isn't the case, you are doomed with what you have on hand.
If you have the correct modules, you should be able to get them to work on the film cameras, but perhaps not on the DSLR, which doesn't support analog data transfer (Unless the module supports it).

Look hard at the contacts, especially the one that connects the module to the flash. The SCA module leads for my Metz 60, as well as the PC leads all corrode very badly, so I clean them with a pencil eraser prior to use.