Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Sigma DG500 super flash is a piece of work!!

As some of you know I had to take my 500 super in for warranty work. waited 8 weeks, got it back and it works fine with my K10D. now, I put it on my wife's K100D and it doesn't work!!! everything is over exposed... so over exposed that the LCD screen shows the shot totally white. when my wife tired to use it she said it only fired when it felt like it.
darn, I wish I would have bought the less powerful Pentax flash.
I am thinking about not even returning it as I will have to wait another 8 weeks or more.

what would you do?

what is your opinion?

cheers

randy

07-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but how fresh are the batteries? I had an issue with my on the K10 over exposing like crazy when the batteries got low. Just a thought.
07-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Agree with above, comment - I had a similar experience the other day with the Sigma DG500 ST - It was working fine on a two hour shoot and then went crazy all of a sudden. A few minutes later it came good again after the rechargeable batteries had been rested. The batteries got a deep recharge that night and it was all good the next day.
07-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Getting rid of the sigma, bout a pentax

Hi Randy.

I have given up on my Sigma 500DG Super , and have bought a used 360 from a wedding photog i know who has several in his posssion.

My 500 only sees to work well in bounce mode, and if i'm in a large room with high ceiling, well......

07-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Randy where are you? Just wondering about your flash issue. Have you given up? Bought new? Hope all is well.
08-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Randy where are you? Just wondering about your flash issue. Have you given up? Bought new? Hope all is well.
sorry for taking so long being busy...

I going to take the flash to the retailer as soon as I go back to the dealer...

as far as the batteries goes, seems that when I try the flash on my K10 they work fine, and when I put the flash on the K100 the flash doesn't

I will let you know how I made out when I get a change to travel to the city I bought it from

cheers

randy
08-08-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Doesn't that suggest that you might have an issue with the K100D?
I have both and I wonder how will you end up.
Good luck.

08-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bc_the_path Quote
Doesn't that suggest that you might have an issue with the K100D?
I have both and I wonder how will you end up.
Good luck.
before I sent the 500 in for repairs, it acually worked better with the K100 then with my K10

cheers

randy
08-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Was she using the kit lens?

I have the Sigma flash and have found using it with the kit lens to be an exercise in frustration. Very often the camera fails to adjust shutter speed for use with the flash and extreme under- over-exposure is the result. I can swap out to one of my old "A" lenses and the flash works like a charm.