Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS: Project 52-2-45 Subject: Symmetry
Posted By: casil403, 05-25-2010, 02:45 PM

Wow...this was hard to judge and pick a winner...all great entries and examples of symmetry everyone. Thanks so much for participating but You need to know you made my job to pick a"best" very difficult!
So I will leave a comment for all and then give my countdown starting with 3-2 and 1
Therefore, in order of appearance:

Tamia: Egg-cellent() and different example (I could do it again but I think it might be flogging a dead rooster) of symmetry...I really like the creativity you came up with in your interpretation! Well done.

bbluesman: Mark this is a great choice for symmetry...and the BW makes for a strong composition. I also love how the whites and darks are nicely controlled. The whole image is strong and just "pops" off the screen.

Iris: This is another great find and example. I am a huge fan of abstract architecture and you did this example justice in a big way...love the colour contrasts b/w the whites on the blue sky. As well the leading lines bring my eye right into the image.

XS400: Frank I don't know where you found this but the symmetry is awesome in a cool, weird and random sort of way. Its nice to see you find something which so many people would walk by and not even notice just how symmetrical it is for the most part I think. Stellar composition and I feel like I could walk right into the image. Very well done.

DCP515: I really like this because there is a optical illusion of sorts going on here. It is hard to tell (at least for me) anyhow which way the supporting frames are going...in or out. Sometimes when I look at it, it switches right in mid glance. Very neat stuff. Love all the lines here also. A great example of this week's theme.

Rense, Another neat example of an different interpretation of this week's subject. Beautiful colour, excellent bokeh and awesome DOF. Beautiful example of symmetry and not one I would not have thought of so kudos to you. I find my eye keeps travelling around it noticing all the symmetry going on in the detail.

Blue Love the poppy pod. The colours and the bokeh is killer and I really like the symmetry in the top of the pod on the star. Great stuff.

Ovim Very nicely exposed shot. The symmetry is awesome and there is lots of focal interest with the yellow stickers, the textures of the dripping paint and the splatter and the red concrete....I really like it and thanks for submitting.

So the winners are:

#3- Iris for her eye to the sky abstract "Top of the Atlas building in Wageningen"

#2- Frank/XS400 for his great example of symmetry in landscape photography.

and.....

#1 Mark/bbluesman for his stellar abstract architecture"WWW" capture. Very well done and an excellent interpretation of the theme.

So congratulations to all the winners and I want to say thanks so much for everyone who submitted and made my job really difficult to in judging.

Last edited by casil403; 05-26-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Views: 3,196
05-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Lisa for judging and great job to all on some nice symmetrical images! I guess I'll be judging the technology contest now. Hope to see your entries there!
05-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for a great job of judging, Lisa, and congrats to Mark, Frank, and Iris!
05-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Mark. Well done. Thanks Lisa for the judging, and thanks for the second place for my image.

05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots all! I was too busy to get anything decent.
05-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No comments for my shot? Was it that bad?

Anyway Congrats to winners!
05-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
No comments for my shot? Was it that bad?

Anyway Congrats to winners!
I am sorry. I missed the page But I did see it and I quite liked the red doors also. My faux pas. I will edit it now. I liked it btw and sorry for the slight. I really didn't mean anything by it. I am bogged down with homework and assignments for school these days so I am a bit focused on that and less focused on other things right now than I usually am. Again....my aplogogies.

Last edited by casil403; 05-26-2010 at 04:21 AM.
05-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

No problem I didn't think you did it on purpose. It's just nice to read the comments to see what others think of your shots.
05-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Thanks for a great job of judging, Lisa, and congrats to Mark, Frank, and Iris!
Thanks Lisa for judging and thanks for the third place! Congrats to Frank and Mark, both great captures .