Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners P52-3-8 People: Bodyparts
Posted By: ovim, 10-04-2010, 12:44 PM

Ok I'm back. I hope nobody minds if I keep it short this time. I'm too tired after a week in the sun/ by the pool

First the runner-ups:

DanLoc78:

Simply lovely shot. I like how you've managed to depict emotion with a picture of feet (with those all too familiar "shoes" on them)!

jheu02:

Lovely b&w shot showing bodyparts in use. Somehow reminds me of playing guitar...

Rense:

Another beautiful shot. Great b&w conversion with a lot of feeling to it. The texture of the hands tells a lot.

And the Winner:
...Spongefingers!!

I loved this shot from the moment I saw it. I love how at first I don't quite know what I'm looking at... and then I get it (maybe I'm just a bit slow). Maybe you could've chosen a little less descriptive name so it wouldn't spoil the satisfaction of "getting it". And I also love the pp with muted color and darkish tones!

Thanks for everyone for participating! As always a lot of great images and picking the winners was not easy.
Views: 2,164
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And the hands have it. LOL! Very nice work everyone.
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Spongefingers on your hand/foot zipper. No problems with the quick and to the point judging. Hope you had a great vacation!
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Forum Member

Ovim, thanks for judging and congrats to the winner as well as the runners up. Nice shots.
Spongefingers, have fun judging the portraits

10-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats sponge! Thanks Oula, hope you had a nice vacation, and thanks for the mention!
10-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Spongefingers for top spot, and for Rense, John, and Dan as runners up. Thanks for judging Oula, and hope your vacation was great.
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #7

Hooray!

QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
I loved this shot from the moment I saw it. I love how at first I don't quite know what I'm looking at... and then I get it (maybe I'm just a bit slow). Maybe you could've chosen a little less descriptive name so it wouldn't spoil the satisfaction of "getting it". And I also love the pp with muted color and darkish tones!.
Thanks, ovim! I really didn't expect I'd be a winner!
I took several similar shots like this, and the better examples were taken when there was more physical tension between the hand and foot - and also when the skin started to discolour from being squeezed for a while.
I think you're right about the name. Simply "The Zipper" would have probably been more fitting.

DanLoc78, your photo of the shoes was my favourite. The dirt-stained, wrinkled shoes really seem like a second skin to the feet. Lovely tones too.
Rense, I liked this one very much as well. The skin texture comes out excellently, and the whole photo has a fine 3D feel. I feel that maybe the bread-cutting subject doesn't come across as clearly as it could, but I guess that's not as important as the image of the hand itself.

Everyone else, thanks very much for your kind comments, and well done with your entries.
I realise I'm a bit late, but I'll get round to judging the project 52-3-9 portrait thread today.

10-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Spongefingers, and of course also congrats to Rense, John, and Dan!
Oula thanks for judging.
10-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spongefingers, congrats on the first! Truely a great photo. I am still asking myself if I would dare to try the hand-foot combi you depict
John and Dan congrats too, and Oula many thanks for the judging job!!
10-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Spongefingers, congrats on the first! Truely a great photo. I am still asking myself if I would dare to try the hand-foot combi you depict
John and Dan congrats too, and Oula many thanks for the judging job!!
Thanks. It was a fiddly shot, but not what I would call difficult or daring.
The most important consideration was to wash my hands afterwards!