Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Winners P52-3-12 People: Men at Work
Posted By: jmschrei, 10-25-2010, 07:18 PM

A tough challenge to be sure, and, as always, tough to judge because each entry has merit. I will make a few quick comments which are only my humble observations:

bbluesman: Mark, I really like the approach to colour and composition in many of your recent street scenes and this one is no exception. However the poor fellow does look like he feels a little awkward and out of place for a policeman!

Tamia: This guy is really into his work. I like the bold colour and the way you have balanced with tools of his trade and the bright sign.

Voytech: Ah yes this makes me smile, no work crew is complete without the "watchers".

ovim: It looks like it was a chilly morning at the market, I like how you caught the interaction between the two women at the cabbage stand (and some of those cabbages are massive!)

MikeS: Welcome! It is always good to have new comers join these challenges. Nice colour and composition in this shot.

Honourable mention to all.

Winners:
Third Place:
jheu02:
Handy to have a "man at work" at hand to photograph but well done! You have caught his concentration and attention to his work.

Second Place:
Rense:
The use of light and shade is wonderful and you have captured a simple but important task.

First Place:
Iris:
I loved this shot as soon as I saw it. The composition is striking with the workman perched on his ladder and caught in action.

-Joe
Views: 2,419
10-25-2010, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good judging Joe-Congrats to Iris-you're image had instant winner written on it for me too! Well done Rense and John.
10-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Iris, well deserved! And John too, wit his wonderful photo of the wood cutting friend! Joe, thank you for judging!
10-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Joe for that first place and your kind words
Congratulations Rense and John, also very nice entries.

10-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Good judging Joe-Congrats to Iris-you're image had instant winner written on it for me too!
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Congrats Iris, well deserved!
Thank you both!
10-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Iris! And congratulations to Rense and John, too. Great work judging, too, Joe. Thanks.
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Tamia!