Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS Weekly Challenge #154 - People in uniform
Posted By: wllm, 12-22-2010, 06:19 AM

WINNERS Weekly Challenge #154 - People in uniform

First of all thanks to all the contributions in this challenge, very nice to see a various collection of different styles.
I' ve tried to give a honest opinion of what I saw.
Please forgive me my lack of the English laguage.

atupdate, very touching image, nice colors and a good composition. Not just a family album picture, it has got some kind of emotion. Beautiful.
bbluesman, despite of the highly contrasted black and white it's obvious an uniform, a typical bbluesman streetshot.
planedriver, very nice, some people don't like this point of view, it's too intimidating but I don't think so, it fits. the light is beautiful at the windows maybe a bit blown out but her face is very clear. Well done.
deacon, that man is proud on what he does and what he is. The black and white conversion is a bit grey, I think some PP-work will make this picture better.
casil403, very strong and colorful image also in the background but it doesn't bother. Is it a uniform? opinions will differ about it, I think this color fest does.
SpecialK, again a proud man, a very good composition with the flag in the background. I think when you lighten up his face a bit he will be more striking.
song hm, for me this is a bit doubtful, is it a uniform or just working clothes? The composition is o.k. but I am lacking a bit of sharpness.
slowpez, I don't see much uniform but what I see is obvious and beautiful, simply and honest, great feel about this one, very nice toning, I love it.
Rense, what can I say, lots of uniforms but not weird, freaky or kinky… Nice capture a bit tight cropped, the monochrome toning fits very well here.
xjjohnno, recognizable uniforms with matching horses, I know it's a street shot but the traffic light and bicycles on the right are a bit distracting.
Ash, very bright portrait, I love the light on his face and in his eye, nice DOF, a proud uniform wearer. I think that the sharpness is a little bit more on the "Cook Divison" patch than on his eye.
Oldschool, a colorful uniform it pops out of the green, the light is very nice. It's too bad that the horse is missing some legs and the subject is too much centered, but the tents in the background are a plus.

Honorable mentions:

casil403

Ash

Top 3

Third: planedriver, Andras

Second: atupdate, Tim

First: slowpez, Susan

Views: 2,584
12-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Geesh Wilm, thanks for the honor. Such a great variety of wonderful entries to choose from too.
This is the first time I've won so I have no idea what I am supposed to do now. Someone please enlighten me. I don't suppose this means that I get a new K-5?
12-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice one Susan et al. Thanks for judging Willem.
12-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No sorry Susan no K-5 but eternal fame.
Now it's up to you to think up a subject for a new challenge, there are 154 subjects been already you can find them and the rules in the top of this thread.
You can copy that and start a new thread and add your subject as nr. 155.

12-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wllm Quote
No sorry Susan no K-5 but eternal fame.
Now it's up to you to think up a subject for a new challenge, there are 154 subjects been already you can find them and the rules in the top of this thread.
You can copy that and start a new thread and add your subject as nr. 155.
OK, will do. Coming up with something will be easy compared to judging when you consider the quality of entries this forum is capable of.
12-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Congrats to all the winners. Wllm, good judging job.
12-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Congrats to all, fine job of judging Wllm...and thanks for the HM.

12-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Congratulations to all..interesting theme and thank You!

Andras
12-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Congratulations to all winners. There were some great shots entered.
I missed this one. (Just too busy)
12-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats Susa, Tim and Andras.
Thanks for the input wllm.
12-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done all, I didn't get to participate but enjoyed all of the entries, Nice jon on judging Willm, and congratulations to all.