Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge #32- Winners
Posted By: Eaglerapids, 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM

First off I want to thank everyone who participated in this challenge, we've seen some incredible photographs this week. This has been a very tough decision for me. I have little experience judging and there were many pictures that spoke to me and I had to push them down the list for one reason or another to get to three. That said, I think I've learned from this experience.

Number 3:
J. Scott's photo, a breathtaking view.

Number 2:
raz-0's photo, great composition, moody, a tough exposure handled very well, I love the light in this photo.

Number 1:
simonkit's photo Snowdon Reflection. He broke rule number 1 by submitting 2 photos, I warned him. But he did say "Here's my entry". Rules are rules but guys I cannot in good conscience deny this picture, I know he meant this picture. To me this is an extraordinary photograph. It breaks rules all over the place, itself. The line between land and water is dead center, the rock in the foreground is just durn near dead center. But the picture draws me in and won't let go. Here's a man who knows the rules and when to break them. Congrats simonkit, incredible photograph.

Views: 3,980
10-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #16

Maybe we should flood his private message inbox... lol

10-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Sorry for the delay guys - to be honest with all the great entries I didn't expect to win this & missed the winners thread.

I'll post a new challenge ASAP !!

thanks

simon
10-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

darn, it looks like I just missed the deadline! (I am a total newbie here as I just joined today)

Anyway, here is Meteora in central Greece, taken in July 2007 (point and shoot stuff...didn't have my K10D with me)

Jas

Last edited by Jasvox; 01-04-2008 at 07:31 AM.