Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS P52-3-28 Perspective - Distorted
Posted By: Rense, 02-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Only 8 entries in the last P52, probably because it wasn't too easy? Don't know, but I loved the entries and the different kind of distortion you depicted. Well done all, great!

Some remarks in alphabetical order of the participants (original entries: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/13189...orted-2.html):

Iris - very minimalistic, both in colour and in forms. I guess you shot this one with the 18-55 kit lens, and you show the barrel distortion at the widest end quite well. Perspective? Sure, this is shown best when close to the subject and with perfect straight lines. Well done, like it!

Joe - great shot, with leaning buildings due to an (almost?) vertical position of the camera. The glass construction in between looks like coming down, very strong. And a very good B&W conversion!

John - barbed wire, with the illusion of concentric circles, where they are about the same size. Great use of distorted perspective, and again very well B&W conversion....

Manel - nice fish-eye distortion with an unknown combo to me. A bit soft at the edges, but overall I like it! And the subdued tones and meagre colours give this photo a very nice touch...

Michael - quite some distortion due to the vertical position of the camera! Very sharp, with nice colours and tones. Would have liked a bit more central composition in this case, so a bit more to the right. Overall a very good photo which accentuates the hight....

Oula - glass construction fish-eye effect, nice! And distortion is added by the upwards tilted camera. I love the colours in this one and the vague reflection of the building.... nice!!

Tamia - great use of distorted perspective, you fooled me, and if you wouldn't have said it wasn't a mountain ridge, I would never had known... Good colours, but it could have been a tad lighter for my taste.... Is very personal, I guess...

Tsukiouji - quite some fisheye effect, and I am curious to know what lens you used!! A bit noisy in the background....

And the winners:

3rd - Tamia

2nd - John

1st - Joe

Congrats Joe, John and Tamia, and all of you because of the great, great entries. Thanks a lot for making this challenge great every time again!!!
Views: 2,415
02-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Joe and Tamia and thanks for the good judging Rense!
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the first place Rense. This was one of those shots that came out better than I imagined. When I shot it I didn't realize how well all the angles were aligned.
Congratulations to Tamia and John! And lets hope for more entries for this week's challenge (even if it makes judging tougher)

-Joe
02-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to John Tamia and Joe! Great shots!

02-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to Joe, John and Tamia.

Thanks Rense, for judging. Good work.
02-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Joe and John and thanks for 3rd and for judging, Rense. Joe, your photo is fascinating and that geometric structure made me think of a snowflake (I know, that's weird!).
02-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Joe, John and Tamia.
Thanks Rense, for judging.