Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #34 - Winner
Posted By: J.Scott, 10-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Many thanks to all those that participated in this weeks challenge. I appreciate the time and effort that you all have put into this contest.

Now onto the winners!

I have chosen The Pentax Hammer's contribution as our #3 winner.

The picture is very clean and sharp with beautiful colours throughout; the sky the brickwork and the trees. With the exception of the street lamp in front (I know, it's not your fault!) it would make a great postcard. It is a truly stunning structure and you have taken a great picture.

The second place picture goes to Arjay Bee for his picture. It fits in with my request for activity in and around a place of worship. Churches are just buildings until they are filled with people and then it becomes a celebration. Your example stirs a wanderlust within me that I hope some day to be satisfied. I'd love to one day visit your country and experience the vast cultural differences that you enjoy. It has lots of colour and lots of smiling faces - a great capture. It makes me wish I was there.

And now our #1 winner this week is from Peter Zack. The low angle shot is what I would imagine to be from a child's-eye view. Everything seems bigger and scarier when you're a kid! Although I praised the abundance of colour in the 2nd and 3rd place pictures I love this picture for the lack of colour. The sharp angles of the dark walls jutting upward towards a menacing sky make this standout as a great picture. I can almost hear a crack of lightning and the roll of thunder as I look at it! Great job job Peter!

I again thank everyone that participated and pass the baton off to Peter Zack for the next challenge.

Last edited by J.Scott; 10-25-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Views: 2,710
10-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Good choice Jeff. Well done to the WINNERS and ALL who participated.
10-25-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree. Some great shots there. Congratulations to the winners, great effort.
10-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Jeff. I'm humbled to have been chosen. There were some excellent choices this time around (as there are every week!). I'll post a new contest shortly.

10-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My favorite won

Congrats Peter.
10-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

yeppers!!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
My favorite won

Congrats Peter.
Peter's was my favorite too... It was an AWESOME pic..

Congrats everyone.. Great job!!!!
10-26-2007, 05:26 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fantastic picture Peter, congrats!

10-26-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

congrats peter, and others......i am not surprised at the results....good going all !