Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly challenge #162 "Where Angels Fear to Tread....." - Winners!
Posted By: Mark Morb, 04-07-2011, 12:22 AM

Thanks to everyone for your entries. It would have been nice to have had a few more, the Weekly challenge doesn't seem to attract anywhere near the amount of entries it used to....anyway, onto the results.

Great stuff from everyone and some nice interpretations of the theme:

Arjay Bee - I definitely wouldn't want to tread on that! Nice use of colour and texture, without the eye it could almost be a piece of old wood.

woof - Another good use of texture and colour, nice use of HDR as well...the stained windows give it a somewhat eerie feel.

Tamia - Great atmosphere in this picture, quite creepy....and is that a "Ghost" I can see in the lower left corner?

MRRiley - Nice use of negative space....that shape certainly looks like someone (or something) lurking in the caves...I think I would scared myself silly if I'd have come across that in such a remote and isolated place.

NaClH2O - Another good atmospheric shot...the Fog really helps give this a Ghostly aura and I wouldn't like to think what could be lurking in that tower...

jheu02 - Nice mono shot....looks like we are in Texas Chainsaw Massacre country with that one...I certainly wouldn't be knocking on the door and asking for directions!!

kardinal - I am familiar with Godspeed You Black Emperor and they can certainly create a very unsettling sound...Nice gig shot...love the contrast and colours...

jmschrei - The old dead tree hanging over the path certainly adds to the creepiness...pathways dissapearing into dense forest always have an air of trepidation about them...

noelcmn - Interesting take on the theme and nice capture of the little fella at work...

ramseybuckeye - Abandoned Industrial buildings with weird graffitti...very creepy indeed...classic serial killer territory (or so the movies would have us believe) I still wouldn't want to be wandering around there after dark on my own!

Once again thanks to everyone who entered....

Results...

3rd Place: MRRiley

2nd Place: Tamia

Winner and chooser of the next theme: jheu02

Views: 2,648
04-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations John! Of course this was right up your alley, so to speak, with all your great abandoned building shots. And also to Tamia and MRRiley. Thanks for a fun theme, Mark.

-Joe
04-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats John and Tamia. There were a lot of very nice shots in this group. Thanks Mark!

Mike
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great contest Mark. Some wonderfully spooky images. Congrats to the winners: Mike, Tamia and John.

04-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I'll have to think about this next theme as I didn't expect this win. Congrats also to Tamia and Mike. I guess it's off tothe list and try and come up with something new or a twist on an old favorite.
04-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done John, Tamia and Mike! And great job Mark, another fun theme!
04-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to John, Tamia and Mike. Thanks for a great theme Mark.

NaCl(we're so good it's scary!)H2O

04-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey thanks for the 2nd, Mark! Great theme, and congratulations to John and Mike. Looking forward to what you come up with, John.