Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Is there interest for a 4th year of P52?
Posted By: Rense, 06-23-2011, 06:00 AM

We're heading towards the end of the third year of P52, and I noticed,
as did Joe who took over during my holidays, that participation is declining
last two months. So it seems justified to question if there's enough interest
for a fourth year of P52....

Ideas? Suggestions? And, probably more important: who wants to host next year??

Cheers, Rense
Views: 2,285
06-23-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh bummer... I was looking forward to starting afresh when it rolled over to the new year.... I know I can just do it in my own time or start now - but given it was so close to finishing figured I'd just wait it out...

If it does continue, I'd love to participate... !
06-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
Oh bummer... I was looking forward to starting afresh when it rolled over to the new year.... I know I can just do it in my own time or start now - but given it was so close to finishing figured I'd just wait it out...

If it does continue, I'd love to participate... !
Great, that's at least one. And I will participate too, every time when I find time, so that's at least the two of us...
06-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I enjoy P52 also, but this year I've been so busy with work that I've missed some weeks, and I anticipate being on the road a lot later this summer and into autumn, so I'll probably miss more of them. But it is one of my favorites and I hope there's enough interest so that it continues. Would be nice to see more of the regulars of yore back contributing.

06-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Although I don't always get to participate, I very much look forward to these. I've learned a lot from them and they are fun.
06-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not too much reactions.... And:

WHO WANTS TO HOST NEXT YEAR?
06-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Not too much reactions
Give it time, you only posted this yesterday.

I don't participate that often but I would like to see them continue, as sooner or later, I'll be able to join in.

As for hosting, for me, it is the ability to type that is the problem. Sometimes, I can type a lot, other times my hands just don't want to cooperate. However, I'd be willing to try Rense.

06-24-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Give it time, you only posted this yesterday.

I don't participate that often but I would like to see them continue, as sooner or later, I'll be able to join in.

As for hosting, for me, it is the ability to type that is the problem. Sometimes, I can type a lot, other times my hands just don't want to cooperate. However, I'd be willing to try Rense.
You're probably right, I am too hasty.....

Concerning the hosting: I know you have this type of problem, and I can't feel / guess if it would be possible for you to do. Just asking, because I don't feel the nuances in English: would you like to try it anyway, or would you rather like someone else to do the hosting? We still have some weeks of time left till the end of the 3rd year, and there's also no problem - as far as I'm concerned - of some inter-P52 weeks without challenges. Just asking....
06-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'd like to try hosting. As it is right now, all I do is look at photos or interact with the Single in monthly challenges and POTW; I'd like to be more active in the forum. If hosting one or more of these themes could provide more action on my part, then that's what I need.

The basics are the same, right? The initial post can be copied then add to or changed by copy and paste, right?
06-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'd like to try hosting. As it is right now, all I do is look at photos or interact with the Single in monthly challenges and POTW; I'd like to be more active in the forum. If hosting one or more of these themes could provide more action on my part, then that's what I need.

The basics are the same, right? The initial post can be copied then add to or changed by copy and paste, right?
Great! Yes, the basics are the same, and I copy the initial post. The main thing to do right now is to make a scheme with challenges for the year. I can send you my exell sheet and you can change what you want.....
06-24-2011, 04:07 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Ok, it's a go then. I'm not sure you have my email, but I'll pm you with it right now.
06-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #12

Photos: Albums
I think I'll be participating also As maybe it will work better for me than Single in... As I really don't have to take my camera with me every day(You know, my fiancé still wants to take pictures also )