Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners-Weekly Challenge 171- Thorns
Posted By: noelcmn, 07-04-2011, 12:48 AM

My apologies, this is late-had a busy day yesterday.

OK-this rather mundane challenge was intended to bring out the creative juices of pentaxians. Though I am happy that we got some submissions, yet way to few. Maybe too much of a prickly challenge .

Tamia is the clear winner-what a lovely image Tamia-creative (as I had hoped) colourful, elements of reflections, shadows and overall certainly something different. The kind of image that makes me want to use it as my desktop image on my PC. WELL DONE ON A STUNNING IMAGE.

Sorry, I seem unable to link your photo here-perhaps someone can do that for me please!

Second place goes to Ramseybuckeye-for placing the thorn in context-leaves and branches. Lovely rendition of colour too.

Third place to xs400-I felt that a close macro on the drop and thorn would have clinched this one.

Thank you everyone that entered-very interesting and enjoyable challenge.

Noel
Views: 2,100
07-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Noel, congrats to Tamia & Frank. I guess everyone was too busy this week to get many entries, good quality, though.

Here's Tamia's beautiful winning image:

07-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Tom-You are ultra-reliable.
07-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gosh Noel, thanks! Congratulations to Tom and Frank as well.

I shot my photo by placing a thorny stem on an old CD. The image is a reflection of the stem in the rainbow colors of the disk.

I'll get together the next contest soon...

07-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I shot my photo by placing a thorny stem on an old CD. The image is a reflection of the stem in the rainbow colors of the disk.
Clever idea. Thanks for sharing your technique on getting that shot. And congratulations on the win!

And thanks Noel for the third place on my pic.
07-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I shot my photo by placing a thorny stem on an old CD.
A CD! I was wondering what that was...