Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #37- Winners
Posted By: Eaglerapids, 11-21-2007, 06:23 AM

Honorable mention to mtnbearhug for her timely submission. Not only coming into her own as a photographer, this girl can cook!

#3 Andras may be new to his K10D but he's not new to photography, great picture! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work:-)

#2 I love Arpe's submission. Composition, lighting, and it flat makes my mouth water!

The winner!
Is there any doubt? I don't have a clue how Tim did this but Campbell's would be foolish not to buy this picture and use it in their ads, wow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, even if you live in a country that doesn't celebrate this holiday, I think we all have many things to be thankful for. Thank you Mo for this wonderful forum where friends can share our passion for photography.
Views: 3,332
11-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

QuoteQuote:
By Eaglerapids: Honorable mention to mtnbearhug for her timely submission. Not only coming into her own as a photographer, this girl can cook!
What a surprise !!! WOW!!!! Bless your Heart Eaglerapids!!!

Thank you so much for the Honorable Mention and esspecially for the kind words!!

Congrats to winners and all the entries for a job well done!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kim
11-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats ALL. Maybe Tim will now reply as to how he did it - originally I thought it was a graphic.
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Thanks Eaglerapids for giving me the honor of hosting the next challenge.

The setup was pretty easy. I went to the store to find a tomatoe that was close to the size of the soup can. Then I emptied the soup can, placed the tomatoe upside down on the can and traced around the opening of the can with a marker. After cutting the tomatoe along the line, it set perfectly on the inside lip of the can. The only thing left to do was to glue the lid into a realistic looking position.

The background is white poster board that was clamped to a box to provide a curved, seamless background. I used a bounce flash for the can itself and a couple of small desk lamps on the background to remove the slight shadow of the lid from the bounce flash. I also had to do a little tweaking in post processing to get the back ground nice and white due to the desk lamps.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Tim

PS: I'll post the next challenge after I put some thought to it.

11-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm afraid of the next challenge. If this much thought, engineering and design went into this...I'll leave the rest to my imagination.

Well done Tim.

BTW, has anyone noticed the funny face on the lid!!!
11-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
I'm afraid of the next challenge. If this much thought, engineering and design went into this...I'll leave the rest to my imagination.

Well done Tim.

BTW, has anyone noticed the funny face on the lid!!!
Good point JC:-), and yes I noticed it too, lol.
11-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whoa, didn't expect that - thanks.

I'll come clean and admit that I used rule no.7 "...Just use any camera you want. No discriminating anyone as long as the shooter is an active member here." I took this with my Panasonic MX500 video camera! 3mp interpolated! It was there for a birthday party - trying to get some good food into them with the temptations of the lollies on there as well. Definitely not up to the soup shot, or the apple shot imho either.

Thanks Eaglerapids!

Last edited by Arpe; 11-22-2007 at 05:00 PM.
11-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to the winning shot! Clearly deserving!
But Arpe, I got to say, your shot was a good shot, and deserved recognition. (Lollies on kebabs ??? A new one to me!)
Congrats to all, well done!
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #9

Woah, was not expecting that!! Thanks so much, and congratulations to the other winners!

Can't wait for the next challenge, this is an awesome way to start my pentaxforums experience <g>.