Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners: Weekly Challenge #38 - At the Zoo
Posted By: atupdate, 11-30-2007, 04:48 PM

A very nice selection of images in this challenge and more than one could easily have been the winner. Shooting pictures at the zoo is not as easy as one might think. The weather plays a big part on the activity of the animals, backgrounds at best look neutral instead of natural, and the mixture of light and shade is hard to work around when the animals prefer to be in the shade. And don't get me started regarding the number of people that fail to realize that you are trying to take the most important picture of your life and don't remove their children from the best vantage point.

Now on to the winners.

To start with, honorable mention goes to mtnbearhug. This is just to funny.

Third place goes to Dave Kitson - this image isn't processed exactly to my taste but the timing of this shot was incredible.

Second place goes to craftsmansky - with the reflection in the owl's eye, this image could have easily won. However, the discoloration on the right side of the image was a major distraction for me and could have been easily clonned or cropped out.

And the winner is.......

LaRee - You know what you wanted to shoot and you did a heck of a job. Congratulations and I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Tim
Views: 1,757
11-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to the winners. Nice variety.
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats, very nice pictures!
11-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #4

Great choice for a challenge. Great pics everyone! Congrats to the winners!!!

12-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

At the Zoo, thanks Tim!

Hey what a nice surprise for me this evening (oh it's late...morning here already). I am pleased to be in such good company, Dave when I watch the primates at times I get a bit uncomfortable because they are so human-like, your image shows that here, craftsmansky that owl eye/reflection is excellent! And mtnbearhug, that is quite the zoo you have there. Cool shot.
Now, I'll have to do a bit of poking around and see what I can come up with for the next challenge. Thank you kindly Tim!
12-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to LaRee and the runners up. Great shots everyone, eventho I didn't participate I enjoyed looking at everyone's shots.

NaCl(I need to get to the zoo more)H2O
12-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks !!!

WOW.. Atupate.. thank you for the honorable mention... I wasn't expecting that at all!!!! SWEET!!! I am glad that you enjoyed it!!!

Great shots everyone and congrats to all the winners!!

Kim