Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Wiiners Project 52-4-1 People-Work related
Posted By: Graham V, 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM

Hi everyone!

First time judging for Project 52, hope it's alright to just pick a winner, judging was hard enough without choosing a top 3.

Gareth.Ig - I like the movement in the hands and the concentration on your face. Using the laptop as the light source is a neat idea.

noelcmn - A good tight crop emphasises his eyes. Is that a "put that camera down and help us cook lunch" look he's giving you?

lukulele - I like how the rows of pumpkins mirror the breaks in the tree plantation in the distance. Wondering if a slight crop bottom and right would balance the image more.

Rense - I like the timeless feel to this image and the vignette really draws you into the scene. Does his shirt mark him as an Ajax supporter

verdandi - I like the letterbox crop and how it emphasises the contact between the couple and the photgrapher. Just wondering if you need all of the tog and could crop 'Uncle Bob' out?

pentaximus - Good use of the trees to frame and draw attention to the subject.

jheu02 - He certainly looks happy in his work. The little wisps of steam add to the scene nicely.

Tamia - A tricky scene, exposure wise but you did a good job capturing his effort dragging the mower up hill.

Iris - Again some nice movement in the hands adds life to the subject. Good to see the old skills being kept alive.

Tsukiouji - Lovely light through the window and the film on a diagonal works well. Did anyone else find themselves trying to get look at his results or was it just me.

xjjohnno - A nice view of the city with good progression through the image to the skyscrapers.That truck is really small, you must keep things nice and tidy over there.

Bramela - I think a crop from the left to take her off centre helps to connect to the tree. Not sure it's a man's world...you wouldn't catch me doing that for a living

And the winner is..........Tamia

Congratulations Tamia and good luck judging the next one
Views: 1,456
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Didn't enter this week but wanted to congratulate Tamia for being selected the winner, Graham V for judging and the rest of the participants for some fine work to kickoff P 52-4.
And also a nod to photolady for running P52-4 this time around.
Regards,
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice judging and a great start to P52. Very nice composition Tamia, a worthy win.
09-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done Tamia.

09-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, Tamia and thank you Graham V for not picking me... I'd hate to have to judge the next one!
09-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, worthy winner there Tamia. It has all the ingredients to put me in a "i-don't-feel-like-working zone, especially now that spring has arrived with a bang here. Had our first rains of the season last night. Thanks GrahamV for judging a tough comp.
09-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW, thanks Graham! I didn't think I had a chance. Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. On to P52-4-2. People - Fun related. Go out and have some fun shooting fun!

09-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Tamia and thanks Graham for judging!