Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
184 - A Life on the Edge WINNER
Posted By: tessfully, 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM

It is not easy to choose a winner from this bunch. Many of the images hit me emotionally and with a sense of awe.

Graham V, just an excellent visual, and yes, a life on the edge in a unique and strange kind of way.

Tamia, one of my favourite kinds of images, a life on the edge where nature and culture intersect. I love the reflections and composition very much, and it is not often I see these birds so still.

atupdate, wow! these kids are daredevils. This a great shot - life on the edge literally and figuratively!

daacon, you really are putting your life on the line... I hear there is one very serious injury per year as a photographer gets to close to a buffalo! Those eyes say you are on the edge.

sealonsf ... great rendering of this amazing shot. I love everything about it. The marbling of the building and the black and white markings on the bird. Wonderful image!

Bramalea, yep! crazy people!! Terrific colours, amazing clarity, and I love how you have captured the person looking around, enjoying the view.

Special K, this has always been a favourite shot of mine. It is very evocative and tells a sad and lonely story.

Heavy D- thank you for telling me you made Puma let her plaything go. Chippy's can be a nuisance but are so cute. Great capture... lol!

jheu02 - A stunning image in every way. Vibrant, alive, daring, a life on the edge in the most dramatic of ways.

Pentaxiumus! LOL, great shot!!

Free Soul, this is an amazing and very artistic photo. It definitely delivers your message, powerfully and beautifully.

xjjohnno... This photo has a great deal of impact on the viewer. The way the police fill the frame and the facial expressions say it all.

casil403 ... you are right and this photo is very evocative of that lifestyle. The way the head is down, leg hanging loose, arm to chest... the post processing is excellent for the mood and inflection of this image.

Rense, I always love your street photography. This image has fantastic composition and black and white rendering. The shadow adds to the drama.

Edward, your images also always affect me and your post processing has added to this gritty and sad life on the edge of society shot. The curb, bars and trees in the background make it a really interesting shot.

pamzpix, whoa cowboy! I don't know how these guys survive the falls. He seems to be grinning! And that bull is spitting mad! Great great capture.

RXrenesis8 --- Fantastic image. I saw this and immediately felt myself there and the overwhelming power of place.

Every image is a winner. But because I have to choose one to host next weeks theme and competition I am going to select casil403's image of the ironworker, first because it is a brilliant depiction and rendering of a life (and lifestyle) on the edge, and also in memory of our son, Simon who was a heavy steel ironworker in Northern Alberta, Canada.

Thanks to all who entered and Congratulations Casil403.
Views: 1,243
11-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Lisa! And thanks for the fun challenge and excellent judging, Tess, especially considering the poignancy of Lisa's photo for you. Great shots, all.

Last edited by Tamia; 11-07-2011 at 03:53 PM.
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well judged Tess so sorry about your son.
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations Lisa, excellent choice Tess.

11-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you for judging and congrats to the winner (lisa?)!
11-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Lisa, great photos! Well done on judging Tess, a lot of good entries in this lot.
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Awesome shot.. well done!!! Congrats!!!

11-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for commenting on the winner and the judging!

I should have selected a 2nd place winner in case Lisa is away this week. I think Graham V's shot is a very unique image that has a lot of impact depicting a life on the edge. So 2nd place goes to Graham V.

11-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Wow...thanks Tess. And thanks also for the kind comments.
I'm also sorry about your son.
I'll come up with an idea quickly.