Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Projecf 52-4-12 Colour - Colourful -Winners
Posted By: Bramela, 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM

I am impressed with all the entries, certainly a wide variation of interpretations of the subject.

.Tessfully- I like the wide aspect of the shot and the many varied textures. Plenty of colour there too, predominantly blue.

.Tamia- I like the composition of the shot and well exposed. I would like to have seen a little more domination of bright colour, particularly on th door.

.BillcheungPG A really nice abstract with plenty of colour.

.derelict- A really well taken street scene. The wet reflections are good. The coloured signs on the left could have been more dominant, for the purpose of the topic.

.noelcmn -Beautifully composed shot, with great colour and reflections.

.tsoukiouji- I like the originality of this. The white shirt to back the filter colours, well thought out.

.ramseybuckeye- beautifully exposed scene, excellent sky. Certainly sharp, but I would have like to see a greater splash of colour for impact. Nice shot, though.

.WWIFA- Excellent shot with interesting wood textures. Sharpness/exposure and composition spot on. Again would have liked to see more variations in colour.

.JohnA- Blue and yellow, always a great contrast for impact. Nicely taken shot.

.Pentaximus- Well taken shot for it's location. Great capture of the lighting. Good exposure.

And the winners are.......

Third Place : Pentaximus :

Second Place : JohnA

and The Winner is... Tsoukiouji

I chose this based mainly on it's originality, it focus on variation of colour and the title as well. Well thought out!

I am open to comment either way, but I would like to congratulate all entrants, there are some great shots there.
Views: 1,182
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very very cool competition and I loved all the entries! Congratulations to Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus... all very worthy images. Thanks Bruce for doing a fine job judging.
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CONGRATULATIONS Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus. I also like the originality of the winner.
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus! Thanks Bruce, good job.

12-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Forum Member

Thank you Bruce, and good work all. It's fun to have a theme to focus on. john a
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus., well deserved. Lovely images, all.
Bruce, thanks for taking time to comment on our photos. Good job judging.
Bruce
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for judging and the comments on the entries, Bruce, and congratulations to Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus. Well done!

12-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to Tsoukiouji and John on their fine shots! Thanks, Bruce, for throwing me in there!

Well done, everyone!
12-14-2011, 01:42 AM   #9

Great shots. Congratulations to Tsoukiouji, John and Pentaximus!
12-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Oh, well! Thank you. Frankly speaking, that was quite unexpected, as I would rate other photos higher than mine.
12-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Just in case you missed it, the new one is up and ready:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/weekly-photo-challenges/168413-project-52...olor-blue.html
12-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Oh, well! Thank you. Frankly speaking, that was quite unexpected, as I would rate other photos higher than mine.
I guess it all a matter of taste. As I said, selected on the originality of it, something different. Congratulations on a bright idea.