Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner - Weekly Challenge #188
Posted By: atupdate, 12-14-2011, 02:49 PM

With 26 exceptional entries, this was by far the most difficult challenge I have ever had to judge. There were 6 images that really caught my eye and picking the winner from that batch was truly a coin toss.

The 5 honorable mentions for this challenge are:

derelict: There were two primary subjects in this image that caught my eye and both were technically off-center. However, the path between them was on center and my eyes went back and forth along that path many times.

NaClH2O: I really enjoyed this image the first time you posted it in the forums and I love the double centered composition of the bridge and building. This was extremely well spotted and I love the natural looking post processing.

Normhead: One of the best pet photos I have seen in a long time. The found the minimalist nature of the surrounding snow very appealing.

SpecialK: Symmetry, fine details, great colors; there is nothing that could be improved with this image. Your full size version on photobucket is breathtaking. I hope you have this one hanging on your wall.

tessfully: The backlighting on this makes it stand out from the crowd. To maintain the detail in the hair and the yellow body shows true photographic skill.

And the winner is pentaximus. The title combined with the image actually made me laugh out loud. Like tessfully, you managed to capture a lot of detail with a backlit subject.

Nice job and congratulations.

Tim
Views: 1,232
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, wow! Thanks for the win, Tim! I'm honored because there really were a bunch of fine entries in this competition. I'm glad I could make you laugh!

Congratulations to all the participants and especially the 5 excellent honorable mentions. Good work!

Okay, now we need a new topic. Hmmmm........
12-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lots of good shots.
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Pentaximus and also the runners up. Fine entries, and thanks Tim for the topic and for judging. Well done all.

12-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey Tim, thanks for the HM! I can only imagine how hard this was for you... there were soooo many excellent entries.

Congrats Pentaximus, and all HMs... I thoroughly enjoyed all entries in this competition!!
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats Pentaximus (and others mentioned).
Nice choice of Challange as well! :-)
12-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
smf
Pentaxian

congratulations

Congratulations, everyone.

12-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to pentaximus and the other hm's. Thanks to Tim for a great theme and excellent judging. I know it wasn't easy.

NaCl(just glad I didn't have to make the choices)H2O