Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
P52-4-13 Color - Blue WINNERS
Posted By: Tsukiouji, 12-21-2011, 03:01 PM

In a posting order:
JohnA - If I were you, maybe I would add more light-blue Christmas lights to background to comply more to the week's theme. Nonetheless, you have made a splendid postcard image. Blue-yellow complementary pair works well!
noelcmn - I liked the polka-dotted pattern and liquid texture of the stainless steel grater. Should work well as an abstract desktop background — really nice color and tonality. Well done!
jmschrei - Wireless flash is a nice creative tool. Please, continue to use it. Just a little hint: think of it as a painter's brush and paint with light. This will surely deliver a so desired third dimension to otherwise 2d photography. For this one — good job!
Tamia - I was told once to avoid two things in photos: clear text and arrow signs, as these tend attract one's attention more then they should. In other words, a photo should speak to it's audience in different way then the literature. Your photo is definitely different. It's multiple layers and blueness really touched me.
ramseybuckeye - Nice trademark, but that's cannot make a nice "blue" only by itself. Think of a lighter background to reveal some of the 100's pentax bokeh magic. Or, if a low key was chosen intentionally, a more playful light setup should do the trick. Add more light sources to the scene one by one, and see how the image change!

And the winner is Tamia with the depressingly blue colored photo.

Congratulations to all of the participants. You have coped with the blue theme really well.
Views: 1,003
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Good choice, Tsukiouji, and thanks for the comments.

Congrats, Tamia - yours was my favourite too! I think it's the hand prints that really make it.

john a
12-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Way to go Tamia! What an awesome shot! Thanks for judging and your thoughtful comments Tsukiouji.
12-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Tsukiouji, for the win as well as for judging! And thanks to John and Joe for your kind words. On to Project 52 - 4 - 14 Holiday - Christmas!.