Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS Project 52 - 4 - 15 Light - Backlight
Posted By: tsakatsaka, 01-08-2012, 03:11 PM

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for participating in this thread especially this busy time of year. It's the first time I have to judge something like that and I'm sure too amateur to judge pentaxians much more experienced than I am. Even if the entries were less than usual there were some really great shot.

Arn all these lines and the human silhouette combined in front of a simple sky background! A very difficult composition IMHO .

jheu02 good use of natural light. I like the reflection of the light and the "like a dream" soft look

Tamia I like the hue of the sky and the lines the wires are creating. A B/W picture in my opinion

tessfully a really warm look in a cold environment. Great use of natural light and natural reflectors, even the flare is a dream.

jmschrei sunlight in the winter. You definitely managed to share the atmosphere.

ramseybuckeye the contrast of the bright sky and the shady farm house is really good IMHO

Bramela I like the way backlit sun create shadows and highlights in this flower

Jools I'm not an expert but it's ok by my standards. Beautiful look of beautiful animals, in a I wish I was there scene .

Paleo Pete nice sparrow look. I think brightness is ok in a difficult composition with all these branches around

noelcmn flowers in front of sunlight a simple and classical looking image

Voytech I'm beginner but I can understand that glass is a difficult object in lightening especially the edges. You've done extremely well, did you use only backlight?

From all these I had to pick the best and it wasn't easy especially since as I said I'm just a beginner

Anyway
Third Place: Voytech

Second Place: Arn

First place and next week's judge: tessfully

Looking forward for next week hoping for many more entries
Views: 1,170
01-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done Tess (great photo), Arn, and Voytech! Good job tsakatsaka, you picked my favorite out of a lot of good entries.
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done Tess, Arn, and Voytech -- worthy winners, all. You did a very good job of judging, Tsakatsaka, and thanks for taking time to comment on all the entries.
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Oh boy! Thank you Tsakatsaka for the wonderful honour!! I am so happy you liked my misty shot. Congrats on placing Voytech and Arn, those shots are amazing!

Every photo in this competition was fantastic and you did a great job commenting Tsakatsaka. thanks again...

01-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you for the kind words

Wonderful entries all around. Good job all! Congratulations to the winner.
01-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats to Voytech, Arn, and tessfully!
Great work in judging and commenting tsakatsaka.
01-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nice work on judging tsakatsaka. You did good!!

And the new one is up and ready for entries:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/weekly-photo-challenges/171179-project-52...ml#post1772807

01-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, tsakatsaka for all the time and effort put into the judging and comments, and thanks to all for the congrats. Great photo, Tess - loved the way the shadows arced from top to bottom, and Voytech - the clarity and colour.