Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners -project 51-4-20 Subject - Glass
Posted By: noelcmn, 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM

OK, here goes with the judging. Not easy, as there are some wonderful images here. However, the project leader Photolady did put out the challenge to BE CREATIVE! and that is what I have used to judge this comp. Some are simply not in that category, though I recognise that creativity takes a lot of time and thought and effort. Though most fall within the orbit of this challenge, i.e. they all have glass, not all are the products of creative thinking.
I am somewhat caught bitwix the image of Jheu02 and that of Jools and will go with the former, as it represents some creativity for me. My first impression of it was they are marbles, but looking at it again, they could even be sweets.Or even contact lense (the glass variety). Probably just shaped glass (perhaps Jheu02 can fill us in on that) and seems they are in water too. But I do love the colours, the sparkle (which glass is supposed to have and which would represent creative thinking about glass) and it is very pleasant on the eye-aesthetics is a part of creativity. Jools image I like because it seems so 3dimensional, not sure if it was deliberate, but that is how it looks to me. Vibrant colours, and from the title it is probably a stained glass window from a church, isolated to give it that 3D look.

Now that I have finished my epistle on creativity, Congratulations to Jheu02 who will judge the next project 52, and second place to Jools. 3rd I would give to Tessfully, for the simple reason that behind that image is a person who loves glass, a particular kind of glass (bottles) and even though it is not Tessfully herself, the image captures an appreciation for glass bottles. Ok, ok, confession time, I have seen a few glass bottle collections, and was fascinated by all the colours and shapes.

I'm sorry I have no idea how to get these photos onto this thread, perhaps someone can do that for me. I fear I shall be tresspassing on copy rights.

For interest sake, this would have been my entry if I was allowed-miniture doll

Cheerio
noel

Last edited by noelcmn; 02-14-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Views: 1,263
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow. Thanks for the nod for 1st. Congrats also to Jools and Tessfully and good going to the other entrants. I was almost going to do the beer bottle thing as I had recently bottled a batch of homebrew, but the idea was already taken and executed very well. So, the glass beads (blue,green and clear) became the next subject. You know what they say about photography, it's all about the lighting...well, here's a wider view of the subject in ordinary lighting just to show the difference:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to John, Jools, and Tess! Well done Noel.
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

First off, many thanks to noel for judging and for selecting me to 2nd place.
Congrats to John (my personal top image for this week) and to Tess (great image of old glass and other antiques).
Fine work by the rest of the entrants.

As an aside and for anyone who is interested, my image is of a stained glass (leaded) panel that hangs in our home.
I made it back in the fall of 2001 right after the World Trade Center attack in NYC.
It was based on a detail from a Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Style lamp shade. I just turned it around and extended/expanded some of the lines and went for a different color/textured scheme.
This is the full version.

02-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry it's late folks, been busy and just forgot I was to make a new one. Congrats to John on the win and to those who came in after him.

Here is the new one:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/weekly-photo-challenges/175525-project-52...ml#post1827514
02-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for judging Noel, congrats John.
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for judging, Noel, and congratulations John, Jools, and Tess!
02-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank you for the nod Noel... I should show you the rest of the my grandparents bottle collection! Congrats John and Jools... wonderful images all!

02-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats to John, Jools and Tess, and thanks for the work of judging, Noel.