Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS Project 52 - 4 - 23 Shapes-repetition
Posted By: tessfully, 03-05-2012, 08:00 AM

First I would like to thank Bruce for the fine job he did commenting on and judging last weeks spiral competition. It is a really hard task to select just one image when they all have something amazing to offer the viewer; this weeks group no exception. I loved all the entries so had to come up with a criteria that met my idea of a shot that best represented repetition. Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup or Marilyn Monroe images come to mind.

Anyway, after all the agonizing this is what I came up with...

Jackassp, your flower medley is absolutely gorgeous... so full of colour and smiles. I see the repetition within the chaos.

Bramela, perfect depth of field in your Keyboard shot, and nice textures with the added dust

Arn, this is a great shot, love the depth of field and composition.

Tom, amazing image! Even though the shredders are repetitive I also find this one more of an intriguing abstract.

pbancr, Very very nice image --- violin cases?

Cooter, that is a really cool macro and for me another intriguing abstract.

xjjohnno, love this interesting shot for the story it tells and its repetitive cheesiness!

Tamia, this is such a skillful production! Love the straight lines which dominate for me, the way they pull me down the hall, and the black and white rendition, and contrast, all perfectly executed.

jmschrei, this is an image that could have come off my own memory card! You have captured the snow on pine beautifully!

Jools, I love this image in so many ways... the depth of field and composition allows the repetition to dominate while at the same time the subject is very interesting.

John, your daffodils made me smile! What an interesting display and rendition as well. So spring has arrived in North Carolina?!

WWIFA, Bruce I adore this image of colourful threads. The repetitions pop out and the colours make me smile. Simply gorgeous!

noelcmn, late to the game but thanks for the lovely entry

Honourable Mention: pbancr

Third Place: Arn

Second Place: Bruce

First Place: Jools

Views: 2,847
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks so much for the comments and the honorable mention. I learn so much from the other photographers on this forum. Congratulations to the well-deserving winners.

PS. Guitar cases.
03-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tess, Thanks for your deliberations, comments and the 3rd place - pleasantly surprised with all those great entries - and congrats to Jools, Bruce and pbancr.
03-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
-Wells done Jools, that's a really cool image. Nice work Bruce, Arn, and pbancr. All of these pics are winners.

Tess, great job on the commenting for each photo, and well selected too. I just got to see Jools photo for the first time a couple minutes ago, and bet myself that was the winner>

03-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats all and nice job with the judging. Tom, you're not alone! I also though..."there's the winner" for Jools' shot. Very neat rendering.
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks, Tess, and thanks for all the comments. A fine job of judging. You chose my favorite as well.
Congratulations, Jools, Arn and pbancr!
Bruce
03-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Jools, Bruce, Arn, and pbancr, and to you as well, Tess, for a super job of judging and commenting.

03-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The new one is up:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/weekly-photo-challenges/177828-project-52...pes-lines.html
03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Thank you Tess for selecting my image and for judging and providing comments.
I am honored given all the beautiful and interesting entries for this theme.
My congrats to Bruce, Arn and pbancr. Nice work.
And thanks to all.
Onto lines...