Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread

Caption Contest March 24 - March 27
Posted By: smf, 03-24-2012, 01:11 PM

Congratulations to FrostyJack for winning the last contest, and thanks to FrostyJack and Tamia for the privilege of hosting this installment.

Also, thanks to all who participate in this laugh-provoking and smile-prompting activity.

This installment's image (which is under the "Rules") is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it and the opportunity to caption it.

—— Rules ——

The object of this game is to come up with the most humorous, impactful, thoughtful, original caption for the displayed photo that will collect the highest number of "likes"

Submissions can be of any type — caption, limerick, de-movitational, poem, speech — whatever inspires you to write something for the photo.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but each must be in a separate post.

Important: Regardless of whether you submit an entry, please "like" any posts you feel deserve it!

The thread starter is the moderator and must post his or her original photo at the start of the thread.

In an effort to keep the pictures fresh, respondents have 72 hours to submit their entries, after which time the number of "likes" will be totaled to determine a winner. In case of a tie the thread starter must choose his or her favorite to break the tie.

The winner of that contest will be notified by personal message (PM) by the current contest host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned.

If the winner does not feel he or she has content to use for the contest or for any reason, he or she can decline via PM to the host and the second most liked entrant will be designated to host the contest

This installment of the contest will close on Tuesday, March 27 @ 4:10PM EDT (GMT-4)

Attached Images

Views: 3,216
03-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ET Go Home ...

ET Go Home ...

03-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"Mirrorless?"
03-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Eat my dust Hare!
03-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
Inactive Account

This thing on my back is heavy. Can you help me get out?

03-26-2012, 12:27 AM - 5 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

My mother tortoise never to smile at strangers
03-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Guess who just landed the job of launching the new Pentax full frame camera!

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote

Congratulations to FrostyJack for winning the last contest, and thanks to FrostyJack and Tamia for the privilege of hosting this installment.

Also, thanks to all who participate in this laugh-provoking and smile-prompting activity.

This installment's image (which is under the "Rules") is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it and the opportunity to caption it.

—— Rules ——

The object of this game is to come up with the most humorous, impactful, thoughtful, original caption for the displayed photo that will collect the highest number of "likes"

Submissions can be of any type — caption, limerick, de-movitational, poem, speech — whatever inspires you to write something for the photo.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but each must be in a separate post.

Important: Regardless of whether you submit an entry, please "like" any posts you feel deserve it!

The thread starter is the moderator and must post his or her original photo at the start of the thread.

In an effort to keep the pictures fresh, respondents have 72 hours to submit their entries, after which time the number of "likes" will be totaled to determine a winner. In case of a tie the thread starter must choose his or her favorite to break the tie.

The winner of that contest will be notified by personal message (PM) by the current contest host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned.

If the winner does not feel he or she has content to use for the contest or for any reason, he or she can decline via PM to the host and the second most liked entrant will be designated to host the contest

This installment of the contest will close on Tuesday, March 27 @ 4:10PM EDT (GMT-4)
03-27-2012, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

What's the big deal? It is only my 155th birthday after all.

03-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Forum Member

Pentax K7 eh? Some of us can't afford to SHELL out those kinda GREENBACKS
03-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
smf
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The caption competition's deadline is near.
Thanks to all who have contributed thus far.
Any additional brainstorms are welcome.
03-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing to think that before processing through Photoshop all supermodel pics look a lot like this
03-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I won't pose for anything less than a limited...
03-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
smf
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Congratulations to sledger, who submitted this victorious caption:

My mother tortoise never to smile at strangers.

I tip my hat to all who submitted captions which prompted us to grin, smile, laugh, groan and sometimes think "I wish I'd written that."

And I eagerly await the future photos and captions.

Best wishes, everyone.
Stu