Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Challenge 203 - Two of a Kind : Winners!
Posted By: Bramela, 05-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Well as I said elsewhere, congratulations to all entrants on a great lineup of photographs. You have certainly made my job of finding a winner a very difficult one. No throwing of fruit etc at my final decisions

Well here we go :

. Atupdate : A well captured shot with excellent colour. I would have liked to see more emphasis on just an alike two.
. SpecialK . I think I get your idea (two halves making a full heart. Well captured but the theme is just a little obscure. Well done nevertheless.
.SMF . A very nicely caught shot. However I was a little put off by the OOF butterfly at the rear. I have to say a very well taken shot though.
.Rense : I liked this shot very much when you posted it elsewhere. Beautiful.
.Slowpez : Nicelt captured in interesting light. I agree, hardest have had to judge, ever.
.jmschrei: Nicely taken shot and conversion to b&w. What can I say?, a very interesting shot.
.lukelele: Nicely taken shot, the background was a little distracting, (powerpole). Good shot still.
.mjkwee: Nice and bright and sharp. I feel theflower is more the subject than the insects. A shot you can be proud of.
.bill2849: I would love to have seen the left hand bird facing the other bird. A bit distracting from the rear. But birds don't pose to order so you have done very well.
.Tessfully : Certainly an original subject, but the lack of more vision of the rear leg left me think not a real perfect match. Brilliant photo subject.
.RXrenesis8 : I would like to have seen the lower guy with a cap to match. Minor thing, and a nicely caught shot, nevertheless.
.Vylen: I would liked to have seen the rear bird a bit more involved in the shot. Nice shot.
.Yank21 : Nice shot, well captured, I feel a little more sharpening would improve the shot. Excellent capture.
.Ash: As only one entry permitted, I have not commented on these two, except to say, brilliant shots.
Todd: Really nice shot, but pity one duck is not fully in picture. I know it is extremely difficult and you have done very well with your capture.
WSG: I would like to have seen a little more sharpness, but you did well with an almost mirror image.
Arn: : Same comment as WSG. Could this be a little sharper? nicely done though.
.tsakatsaka: I would like to have seen the two of a kind more the dominant subject in your shot. Well taken though.
Daacon: A great shot, but sorry decided the red stripes made the guys slightly different. Sorry if I seem to be nit picking.
Ash: Beautiful family shot, what more can I say, mate. Not quite matched.
.NaclH2O : The leaf on the right is a little distracting from the matched pair. A very good shot and great conversion to b&w.

HIGHLY COMMENDED A few more than usual.

Clou: Nicely taken shot with excellent sharpness and colour
MSL: Lovely brown tones, excellent photo. I would like to have seen the leaves a bit more separate for this purpose.
Oldschool: What a nice capture. I would like to have seen the rear bird a little more focussed.
Pentaximus A beautiful b&w shot. I would like to have seen both with a cap on. Trivial? I know, a brilliantly taken shot.
Noelcm A nice macro shot. I think it is a great shot of a "naughty act".
Ramseybuckeye: A beautiful flowershot. That oof leading edge is a bit distracting.
Jools: Excellent macro shot of Sugarsnap Peas. Beautifully balanced shot and very sharp.

3rd Place
Rick in PA A nice capture of what could be twin lions.

2nd Place
Arjayb The locos are almost identical but for the number. Great colour and well positioned.

**Ist Place**
Tamia I like the natural match and the perfect alignment of the matched pair of shadows. Well taken, Tamia.

Please understand that the standard in this competition was extremely high and I commend each and every entry. It was difficult thing to have to take some out of the final few photos.
I can take any critique, I assure you (I trust I have not missed anybody's photo in the above comments)

Last edited by Bramela; 05-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Views: 1,832
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations, everyone; and thanks for your judging, Bruce.

05-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for all that work judging, Bruce. Those ar great winning shots Tamia, Arjayb and Rick - congratulations!
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Bruce-
Thank you for the judging and for the feedback. As a newbie, I am quite impressed by the amount of thought and effort you have put into this above and beyond picking a top 3.

Congratulations to Tamia, Arjay and Rick as well as to the many other beautiful photos that did not win.