Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners or #206: Electricity!
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM

For starters what an excellent collection of photos we have here! Congratulations to everyone who participated. Picking a winner here is not going to be scientific, just what conveys the subject best that I like at the time.

slowpez, Susan you put the first entry out there and set the bar high. A Powerful photo, beautiful skies and background of one of the more famous power generating dams in the US. I like that you have people in the photo to see the magnitude.

Clou, Michael, you always come up with something unique and this is no exception, a nice clean photo of "electronics" from a simpler time. Imagine the concept of open fuses in a public area.

Runegutt123, Rune, you are certainly right that the plant is ugly, you've captured that well. I really like the angle you shot from, under the wires leading right in through the gate.

Tamia, brilliant shot, I can see you sitting there, thinking about photo ideas, looking in the cup and shouting Eureka! Probably not, but it sounds good. Great idea and well executed.

Bramela, Bruce, great photo of a lineman at work. great sky behind him too, it looks as though he's opening the door of the bucket?

Arjay Bee, I really like this shot, I work in a factory where we are mainly a fabrication shop, plasma, grinding, and welding all make some good photos if you can get it right, and you got it!

tessfully, well executed night shot. Electricity in it's simplest form, light. Feels like a welcoming cabin in the woods.

smf, Well done abstract Stu! I'm guessing it was a display at the big cat show. Great capture of neon lights.

atupdate, What a cool keychain Tim. What a well executed shot too. Did you light this, or was it self lit? Either way, well done.

RM Barker, I don't doubt your sky at all, when the air is clear of dust and pollen the blue is deep. Nice image of the twin power lines vanishing in the horizon.

noel, so you've got dual sources, the lines and the natural electricity in the storm. Cool shot with the storm coming, I hope you got into safety and not drenched.

lukulele, now that's some aggressive vegetation. Lots of detail and interesting treatment!

RXrenesis8, very interesting photo of (I'll call it) a mixer. I'm not sure how you did it or if it's really an arc, but it looks like it and it's pretty cool.

Bill2849, Ah yes, a control shot, one on, one off. Is there significance to that, a simple yet thought provoking picture.

sam-joseph, The old school project, this has the crude homade look, yet is lit in a way toi look mysterious. Nicely composed.

Rense, I've seen this one before, and I still find it amusing that the pay phone is such a novelty that he is taking a picture on the cell phone. Interestingly, the cell phone probably takes more power than the pay phone. Very cool photo!

Santoku, Tubes! A symbol of electricity that has come and gone. A wonderful technology that ended up being too big and expensive, but hard to beat! Nicely executed photo.

bvg, This is definitely electricity, switches and receptacles. (Sorry, I don't get to the movies all that often).

SweetSourPork, I like your angle on this shot although I wish it was a little wider to show more of the tram. Nicely done!

Well, without further suspense here are the winners, thanks to thiose who liked these photos to help judge.

Special mention to Tamia:

Special Mention to Tim (atupdate):

Runner Up Arjay Bee:

And winner and host of the next weekly challenge is Mitch (RXrenesis8):

Views: 1,241
05-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very good judging job, well done handling so many great entries. Congrats to Mitch, Arjay, Tim and Tamia all very worthy of their recognition.
05-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow Tom! Thank you so much for the fun theme and all the great comments! Mitch that shot is incredible! Congrats on winning... And congrats to Arjay, Tim and Tamia. Wonderful collection of intriguing shots!
05-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #4

A very good judging job, well done .

The winning picture are fantastic.

Also,
Arjay, Tim and Tamia , nice contributions.

Last edited by Runegutt123; 05-28-2012 at 04:39 AM.
05-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to Mitch (that was a great shot) and to Tamia, Tim, and Arjay. There were lots of great entries and ramsaybuckeye did a wonderful job of judging.
05-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #6

Some very creative photos, and congratulations to Mitch ! Thanks to the host & judge :-)
05-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Thank you for the warm welcome and feedbacks. I am very inspired by your photos. Kudos to the judge and winner!

05-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CONGRATULATIONS Mitch (RXrenesis8) That is an electrifying shot. Very creative and a worthy winner. Maybe you'll share with us 1) what that is (looks like a gear lever?) and 2) how you created this image?
And congrats too to the runners up-Arjay Bee, Atupdate and Tamia.

Thanks Tom for your judging effort and kind comments. Always appreciated.
Now lets see what electrifying theme Mitch has in store.
05-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all, and thanks to Tom for the judging and comments.
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Mitch, Arjay, and Tim. Thanks for the HM, Tom, and most of all for the super topic and judging. And yes, you got it right about how I decided on the photo I took!
05-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks for the warm reception guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Maybe you'll share with us 1) what that is (looks like a gear lever?) and 2) how you created this image?
In the center of the frame is a throttle lever (for a boat) and surrounding it is the console it is on, along with various instrumentation and buttons. I used my reading light to trace a path electricity might travel, and to light the lever and some other areas of the console.

Thanks much for judging Tom, I will think up a good topic and post a new one tomorrow!
05-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Congratulations to all the winners. Excellent choices ramseybuckeye/Tom. This was a really fun theme and I look forward to what RXrenesis will throw at us.
05-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #13
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I mean the movie "Scream"
05-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ramseybuckeye - thanks for judging this one and for the comments on each entry.
Congratulations to the winners - there were so many great entries this time!