Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Week of June 7 - 14
Posted By: MSL, 06-07-2012, 07:16 PM

The object of this game is to come up with the most humorous, impactful, thoughtful, original caption for the displayed photo that will collect the highest number of 'likes.'

Submissions can be of any type - caption, limerick, de-movitational, poem, speech - whatever inspires you to write something for the photo.
Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post .

Important: whether you submit an entry or not, please 'like' any posts you feel deserve it!

Thread starter is the moderator and they must post their own original photo at the start of the thread.
In an effort to keep the pictures fresh, respondents have 1 week (see above) to submit their entries, after which time the number of 'likes' will be totaled to determine a winner. (One reason for the longer period is to give an initial writing stage that transitions into a voting stage towards the end of the week so that latecomers still have a chance to have their entries read.)

In case of a tie the thread starter must choose their favorite to break the tie. (It is somewhat ambiguous whether it is the total likes a person gets, or the single entry with the most likes that should be the winner, and we are leaving it up to each host to interpret as desired.)

The winner of that contest will be notified by PM by the current contest host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. In the event the winner does not feel they have content they can use for the contest or for any reason they can decline via PM to the host and the second most liked entrant will be designated to host the contest

This installment of the contest will close on June 14, 2012.

Have fun and remember to check off some "Likes"!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,684
06-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
mmmm, grape bubblishish!

"look daddy!"
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

You betcha, I'm havin' a ball!
06-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Does purple make me look fat?

06-10-2012, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Here comes the wrecking ball!
06-10-2012, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the Fruit of the Loom guys had a kid!
06-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

He Will Live!!

The 'Boy Born in a Bubble' is surgically removed, shows off anomaly that contained him for six years.

06-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow - this contest seems to be winding down week after week. Not sure how to attract more entries or votes... should I just say please? Pretty please? (Who cares what the please looks like - Gru from Despicable Me - a quote my kids throw out all the time)
06-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #9
smf
Pentaxian

The white blob from the old TV series "The Prisoner" tries to capture a young person after the blob emerged from a vat of grape juice and acquired parallel lines,
06-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Wow - this contest seems to be winding down week after week. Not sure how to attract more entries or votes...
I like the contest, played lots. Just have not found the photos inspiring funny lately.
06-14-2012, 08:09 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
I like the contest, played lots. Just have not found the photos inspiring funny lately.
Well, they do not have to be funny, nor apparently even in focus sometimes...

I thought mine last week had a lot of potential, though someone said otherwise and hoped for a more-exciting photo this time :-)

"Next time I will only hold my breath until I turn blue".
06-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I thought mine last week had a lot of potential, though someone said otherwise and hoped for a more-exciting photo this time :-)
Hey, I'm just the rush job backup leader - I could just have easily put up an image of a polar bear in the arctic in a snowstorm, or a a black bear in the forest on a cloudy, moonless night.

I'm willing to call this contest a scratch, and you can see if the real winner from last time has something inspiring and in focus.
06-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey hey - no need to get discouraged, maybe folks are on summer vacation. I know I've been out quite a bit myself. My vote is in.
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Hey, I'm just the rush job backup leader - I could just have easily put up an image of a polar bear in the arctic in a snowstorm, or a a black bear in the forest on a cloudy, moonless night.

I'm willing to call this contest a scratch, and you can see if the real winner from last time has something inspiring and in focus.
I'll ask him :-)
06-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I'll ask him :-)
Or... I could just declare the contest closed since we now have one vote ... for you...

Wanna host again?